icon

1993 GMC Suburban alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
orangesuburban 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys im getting ready to install a Audiovox Prestige APS-996A http://www.thebuzzelectronics.com/item.asp?item_id=137461&refid=1015

in my 1993 GMC Suburban 2500

along with a carlink CL100, 513T, 2x 530T, 567T, and a 507T

i have never done an alarm before, i know that i need to hind my brain and 507t behind the glove box, where to put the 530T's? are there any surprises i need to watch out for? any veterians tips would be great!

thanks guys!

mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2005 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
youve never installed an alarm before and your attempting to install everything you mentioned on your first attempt??????????????????
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
orangesuburban 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
yes, finding wire, connecting wires, and hiding wire. it doesnt sound that hard, thats why i was wonding if there were any curve balls to watch out for.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

Pretty straight forward vehicle

Lots of room..........If it has Factory Keyless, you can catch the wires at the Door Lock Relays above Gas Pedal.
Also there are other short cuts or Installer idea's I am sure others have, but why not have fun & go for it
Have fun with the Audiovox...........

Constant 12 voltsRED AND REDIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 voltsPINKIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
StarterYELLOW OR VIOLETIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome LightBLACK/ ORANGE(-) AT PIN SWITCH
Trunk Pin SwitchBLACK/ ORANGE(DOOR TRIGGER COVERS TAILGATE)
Parking LampBROWN(+) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH
Power LockLIGHT BLUEDRIVER KICK PANEL OR AT RELAYS
Power UnlockBLACKTO RIGHT OF BRAKE PEDAL
Positive Pulse Door Locks

Accessories
Window UpD\ D BLU P\ D BLU/WHT D\ D GRN P\ L GRN @ MAIN SWITCH
Window DownF/ BRN F/ TAN R/ VIO R/ VIO/WHT
Ign Key WarnLIGHT GREEN (-)STEERING COLUMN HARNESS OR CHIME MOD.
Trunk ReleaseBROWN (+)RELEASE SW.(REAR WINDOW RELEASE) #231
OEM HornBLACK (-)STEERING COLUMN HARNESS OR HORN RELAY
HeadlightsYELLOW (+)HEADLIGHT SWITCH OR BEAM SELECT SW.
OEM Alarm ArmN/A
OEM Alarm DisarmN/A

Reversal Rest At Ground Power Window Circuit

Positive Pulse Trunk Release

Remote Start
Tach SignalWHITEAT DISTRIBUTOR *
Ignition #2ORANGEIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition #3N/A
AccessoryBROWNIGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Neutral SafetyORANGE / BLACK (-)SWITCH ON STEERING COLUMN **
Brake LightWHITE(+) SWITCH ON BRAKE PEDAL BRACKET
Reverse LightLIGHT GREEN(+) SWITCH ON STEERING COLUMN
Rear Window Defrost

* WHITE Wire At Ignition Coil Or At Tach Test Connector (2 Pin Plug) Taped To Harness Next To Distributor Can Also Be Used For Tach Signal. ** If Equipped With Electronic Transmission (Violet Start Wire), Switch May Be Present But Not Wired. Two Exposed Terminals On Same Switch As L GREEN (+) Reverse Wire. Ground One Terminal And Connect Neutral/Safety Wire From Remote Start To Other Terminal.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
orangesuburban 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  

mo12v wrote:

Pretty straight forward vehicle

Lots of room..........If it has Factory Keyless, you can catch the wires at the Door Lock Relays above Gas Pedal.
Also there are other short cuts or Installer idea's I am sure others have, but why not have fun & go for it
Have fun with the Audiovox...........

it does not have factory keyless. it looks pretty easy so far....... have fun with the audiovox? that sounds kinda scary, like there should be an evil laught after it,  or are you just telling me to enjoy it?

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
1993 GMC Suburban alarm/remote start -- posted image. 1993 GMC Suburban alarm/remote start -- posted image.............Just a personal opinion, not to worry............
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
orangesuburban 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
hey guys, i wired 2 530ts into my 93 gmc suburban this weekend. there is no alarm yet but that will be in next weekend.... my questions is my pass, rear pass,and rear driver all have one touch controles but my driver window push once goes down 2inches, push twice goes down 2 more inches, push third time goes the rest of the way down. then one touch up. what is wrong. dip switches are all on high.. did i get the wrong wire? will it be fixed when the alarm is in? what did i do wrong?
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

More than likely you didn't do anything wrong.  Odds are the window motor is starting to go.  A very common thing with gm window motors.  What you can do is modify the 530t to higher resistance.

http://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1900.pdf

That's what I'm talking about.  Of course you could always replace the window motor too.  Pretty easy thing to do.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

i think there's an easyer spot then behind the glove box to hide the brain, but one thing i like to do is wrap the wire harness with tape to make it look like the factory wiring, also don't forget to solder if you can get your iron in there good enough (don't need to melt plastic everywhere)  you can also get away with mounting your brain to something useing wire ties if there's not a spot  for a perfect fit. but i will say one thing, (should be commen sence..but tell that to the other installer i worked with at my last shop) don't take the easy route and go through the sterring colom rubber gromet. i can't remember if that has an open sterring coloum or not...but you don't need any wires getting wraped in it and sparking everywhere...casues much damage

Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
orangesuburban 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
stang351w wrote:

i think there's an easyer spot then behind the glove box to hide the brain, but one thing i like to do is wrap the wire harness with tape to make it look like the factory wiring, also don't forget to solder if you can get your iron in there good enough (don't need to melt plastic everywhere)  you can also get away with mounting your brain to something useing wire ties if there's not a spot  for a perfect fit. but i will say one thing, (should be commen sence..but tell that to the other installer i worked with at my last shop) don't take the easy route and go through the sterring colom rubber gromet. i can't remember if that has an open sterring coloum or not...but you don't need any wires getting wraped in it and sparking everywhere...casues much damage

glove box is already out, its easy to get out, hard to get at if you dont know its there. and very roomy back there. i have a hole in my firewall for all my other power wires so these wires will be no where near the steering column.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic