icon

Do I Have Factory Anti-theft???

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
miner1no 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2002 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
Do I cut the bulb test and connect it relay to ingnition side of Wire?  Do I cut the blk passlock wire or T into it? 
Miner
miner1no 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2002 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

J Rill...thanks for the help....it works like a charm.   Could I put a switch in that would put the factory resistor back into play.  Like if the trimmer drifts due to temperature? 

Miner
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2002 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

If you are concerned about losing resistence, you can buy a resisitr within 5% of the value and put that in there.  I know you already got it working, so you must have answered the two above wuestions about cutting or tapping, but the only wire you cut is the yellow wire and you only tap the bulb test wire and the passlock ground wire (Black). 

Yes, If you want to you can put a SPDT switch between the computer side of the yellow wire and the resistor and hook it up with the computer side in the middle, the trimpot on one side and the key side on the other.  Radio shack sells them.  Let me know if you need more info. 

J Rilla
Owner/Installer
miner1no 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2002 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  

J.Rilla..FYI....96 Cavalier....must have changed the color code on the passlock.   The passlock wires are in a ribbon cable with two black wires and one black with a white stripe...white strip is white, 2nd black wire is the black one, 3rd black wire is the yellow.   

Miner
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2002 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, there are three different color schemes: Trucks have Yellow, ORANGE / Black, and RED / White.  I have never run into the all black wires though. The 96 cavalier I did didn't even have a passlock I.  All the other cavaliers I have done had the yellow, black and white.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic