icon

Viper 791XV remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
My remote has worked just fine and still does, but I have a couple questions about it. First of all, should it be eating a AAA battery every month? It is set on the default settings, so it does receive the signal from the car (2 way) and it beeps when I push buttons. I know having it two way will shorten the batter life, but that much? How long should it go on one battery? Also, the beeping noise that it makes just suddenly went almost silent and you can barely hear it when you press the buttons. I don't mind this for pressing the buttons, but I would like to be able to hear it when the alarm is going off and it's letting me know that it's going off. No, I have NO warranty on the alarm as I installed it myself. Thanks.
silvertrac 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
I think its a common problem to eat up batteries. Thats about how long mine last, usually a month. Dont know much about the beeps going quiet.
Crxtasy 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

Do you have the backlight on?  The backlight will eat up alot of battery as well.  Also remote starting your car uses the battery quicker.  I can use one battery all summer because I don't use the remote start but once witner hits and I use the start I chew batteries. 

Two_Cold 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
I remote start all the time, remote lock and unlock and even pop the trunk with the remote and I have mine on vibrate, back light and receive.
I change the battery at the beginning of each month. If I forget it usually goes dead in the fifth week. I use Duracells.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  
The backlight is not on and it's not on vibrate cause I figured that would kill the battery quicker. I guess it's just normal to replace it monthly. I'm gonna get some rechargeables.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic