icon

Saturn sunroof

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dfrom0015 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2002 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
I need help hooking up my sunroof to my bulldog 6002 alarm.  I have a 2000 Saturn SC2.  Button #2 is constant and I want ot be able to close the sunroof with it.  I have a relay (bulldog part 775), I just need to know what wires go where.  The witring diagrams here don't give any info for the sunroof.  Please help.
bart
jeepcj92 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2002 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

What I did for my grilfriends 97 eclipse was to take apart the switch for the sun roof and use a test lamp to figure out what does what. ie  1 wire is Hot, another was + close another was + to open.  The simple set up for that car was this:  Connect a wire to the constant + and another to the + open.  Run both wires down under the dash(follow factory molding, tuck in real nice)...

Connect to a relay so that the relay is replicating the factory switch.  Use your option output  to actuate the relay.

I don't know exactly what you will have in your saturn.   but more than likely you will be able to duplicate what the switch does with the relay..... unless it is all fancy and automated like my girlfriends new Jetta where the roof and windows can be closed with the key and it  doesn't matter where the factroy switch is(there is probally a way around that too , but thats beyond my experience)

anyhow it worked pretty trick when she had the eclipse and it only took about 30min to set up.

good luck

thanks

-Jeff

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic