icon

Prostart ct-3400 Computer Blew Up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
comet240 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

hi i cant seem to program the CT-3400 remote to the module  i do the flash    like it says hold for 4 seconds while light is on hold again i guessing 4 seconds then i turn on key then off and hold the lock button on the remote but nothing,   what is wrong?  when i turn on key the module light comes on,  it does flash before that like a alarm is on,  i did put the antena  to the left most pins out of the 4,  and still nothing

any one help plz

i cant even seem to do the resetting the module it wont even reset

maxcat 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Hi there, I had the same thing happen to me with a ct3400 about 2 weeks ago. Instead of holding the lock button down until you get 5 flashes, try tapping the lock  button and then tapping the unlock buton during that final step. Thats how I got mine to program. let me know how you make out as I have one still in the box i can test
comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
ah i found out i guess what i did wrong  when i hold the 4 seconds first time and says  hold once again when light comes on  dont hold it for 4 seconds till like comes off i just push it down and release and it stays in the mode,  so now i got the remote to work,  i just got it working 15 min ago lol  i can unlock and lock doors and release trunk  but  i can not get it to start the car  it flashes  a bunch of times and then nothing  did u have same problem then also
maxcat 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
No never had that problem, but check to make sure your hood is closed and your brake pedal is not pushed. how many flashes are you getting ?
comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  

brake pedal works cuz i was able to reset the module,  i think it flashes 4 or 5 times  and when i choose valet mode and then press the starter button again  i get "call" with a phone beside it and the remote beeps

maxcat 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
users manual has the parking light flash error codes . 4 flashes means 12 volts are present on your brake wire, 5 flashes means new remote learned. Also did you do a tach learn, i beleive you must learn the tach once before the vehicle will attempt to start.
comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

so 4 flashes is good then  sothats good  no didnt do tach learn yet  ill go try that in 15 min  and then ill let u know

maxcat 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
No actually 4 flashes(12 volts on the orange brake wire) will prevent the car from starting. Make sure you do not have your foot on the brake while tryung to start it, and make sure you do not have 12 volts on the orange brake wire.
maxcat 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
Also just read that you must do a tach learn first, otherwise the vehicle will not attempt to start and will give 5 flashes on the parking lights. That is most lickely the problem.
comet240 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2005 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
ok i got it to work now  my pages were stuck together  so i didnt see that page lol  i did the auto tach one,  but the range isnt so good  2000ft my ass  im in the house 250 feet a way and has hard time lol
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic