icon

02 Hyundai Elantra w/ factory power locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
evolkert 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

Trying to find out door lock wire colors and configuation of the factory door locks on this car.     I have heard it is 5 wire   and also heard you had to put an actuator in the drivers door to get it to open.    Anyone ever done one of these before?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Eric

Eric
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  

Power LockYELLOW/ORANGEAT RELAY IN DASH BEHIND AND *
Power UnlockYELLOWTO THE LEFT OF HEATER CONTROLS

Negative Pulse with Keyless
* The Wires Are Only Present With Keyless.
Without Keyless You Need To Add Actuator To The Drivers Door.
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
evolkert 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks.

It did not come with factory keyless entry so I assume I have to use accuator.  I here a relay click in the door, but I bet there is no motor on the drivers door since it is key activated. 

Eric
secureauto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
Try this, go to passenger front door, push doorlock plunger up and down, if the all the doorlocks lock and unlock, then you can look for a BLACK/ tan or yellow in kick panel. Either wire can be used to lock and unlock doors. If Open circuit doors will lock, if (-) doors will unlock.
Try this diagram:
Single wire
ASE Certified
evolkert 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the tips.   Looks like It needs and acutator   Pass door does not activate other locks.   Does anyone have a link to  complete wire colors for this 02 Elantra.  I have only foiund one for 05 which I think will be different due to factory keyless being standard in 05.

Thanks

Eric
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
a little word from someone who has done this car. the drivers door has a five wire actuator trigger system in it. which means that when you close the latch it locks all doors and vise versa. heres the problem you will most likely run into with that car.
i own a 2000 elantra and with mine was the same thing but the difference between the two are and listen up
to add an actuator you generally need the car to be equiped with a rod that goes from the lock tab to the lock unlock assemble in the door. i have that in my car as well as most cars. but you dont in 2001 and up i have seen many elantras have a cable. now there is still hope. you have to gently attached to the actual trigger on the door meaning the thing you push in and pull out on the door panel. i have done this many times the way i did it though requires making a a custom strap. so what i am trying to say if you dont think that you can do it. take it to an audio alarm shop see if they will. because if you brake it you own it you have to buy another one. but if they agree to do it than they are responsible for it working.   But this may not pertain to you as your model may not be affected.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic