icon

04 Intrepid, locks don't work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
02ramsc 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed an Autopage RS-855LCD 2 way remote start alarm on my 04 Intrepid. All went according to plan, but the doors do not lock/unlock when arming/disarming. I used the 457CW interface and believe that I have it wired correctly. The trunk does open by remote, and it is wired through the interface module. Where should I start looking? I bought the interface from Circuit City (i know but it was last minute and they had it in stock), but when I open the box at home, it had clearly been installed before. I will take it back if there could be a problem with it. Great forum guys, thanks for the help I looked for before I started the install. Any help is appreciated. 
'04 Dodge Intrepid SXT
'02 Dodge Ram supercharged
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
I would have taken it back if it looked used anyhow.........
Did you follow the proceedure for Programming? 
Connect Lock Harness FIRST, then the Main Harness.........Turn Key ON....Wait for Horn or Buzzer to sound 3 times.....Turn Key Off
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
You are using the analog output wires... right? You know, the ones they say are only for the Liberty?
Missprint in the manual..... you need to use either the pink or the pink/black on your doorlock wire in addition to the data wire at the OBD plug.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
02ramsc 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
I did not use the lock harness. I  thought I was doing it correctly by following the directions, guess not though. Currently I have the alarm lock output (green) connected to the module main harness green and alarm unlock output (blue) connected to the module main harness blue. Do I just need to hook the lock harness pink wire to something? It says the vehicles lock/unlock wire. Would that be the WHITE/ drk green wire on the BCM? Thanks.
'04 Dodge Intrepid SXT
02ramsc 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
Also is there a way to use the double unlock feature with this module. The alarm has a seperate output for it. Could I connect that to the unlock input on the module?
'04 Dodge Intrepid SXT
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
It would be.
The purple wire pulls the info it needs off the databus, then outputs an analog control voltage on either the pink or the pink/black of the little 3 wire harness it comes with. You need to connect these according to your car (light GREEN/ orange for factory alarm, or WHITE/ green for non factory alarm)
HTH
Gus
Scott35 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
I think I have read before, the Chrysler interfaces are one time use only.
Tacomacrew
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
I thought that too. Don't they keep the resistance in memory once used for the first time?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
The key ones... yes. Sentry key is a learn once kinda deal.
The doorlock module forgets everything it knows when power is removed. Try it. Unplug it for a min or so, then plug it back in and flip the key on. Notice that it honks 3 times again.
Gus
02ramsc 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I connected the lock harness pink wire to the cars lock/unlock wire on the BCM (WHITE/ drk green). The locks will lock with the alarm arming, but they will not unlock. When I disarm the alarm, it sounds like the lock motor is activating twice but the locks don't unlock. Maybe it is relocking 2 more times?
'04 Dodge Intrepid SXT
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic