icon

00 chrysler town and country

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  

Did a search on this, all the info seems to be the same...

Im trying to do door locks on this, I am on the left connector below the bcm, WHITE/ green wire on the left side of the plug, I probed it, looks like around 5 or 6 volts,

Now my problem is I tried the following resitors on it, 1.5k, 280 ohms, 680ohms, none of these did anything?

It does have factory alarm.

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
You need a ground pulse through a 620 ohm resistor to disarm/unlock and a 4020 ohm resistor to arm/lock. You can use resistors within 5% value. You MUST use relays to insure a good ground signal through the resistor.
sparky
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
500 mA ground should be enough with out a relay? Wouldn't it?
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
The current isn't the problem.If your R/S has transistor outputs If might not ground down properly.
BigDog
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

Maybe I have the wrong wire, It doesn't seem to go to ground when I test it with a DMM,

It sticks around 5 or 6 volts.

Should this wire show some fluctuation with the press of the unlock/lock with the door buttons, or the keyless remote?

I am using the far WHITE/ green wire on the opposite side of the BLACK/ white wire.

I am using astrochart and autosoft (autostart) for wiring references) but I also checked it with a dmm?

tampa77 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

Since this is a multiplex system I believ that the voltage will not drop, as it would on a postive  A system door lock.

Does it have a factory alarm, if so the resistance may be different, one of my data sheets read:

w/ Alarm

Lock: 665 Ohm
Unlock: 4020 Ohm

w/ out Alarm:

Lock: 250 Ohm
Unlock: 1500 Ohm

Wire is WHITE/ Green  @ left plug, bottom of fuse box/BCM.

Easisest way to test this would be to hook a resistor to the wire (when you are sure you have the correct one, you can add a 5AMP fuse inline for good measure) and ground the wire to the frame and you should get unlock and lock, then once the resistance is correct hook up to a relay, always use a relay with multiplex unless the system has one such as a 451M.

Best  of luck.

Tampa77

xtremca2003 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
You will need to use relays if your main unit has door lock outputs that can be swithed from pos to neg. (or as stated above transitor outputs). The reason is that when one go's to ground, the other goes +12volts. Also the ground is not a very strong ground.
Chris
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
The 500ma rating is the current limit that the output can handle. Transistorized outputs do not give a perfect ground out so adding an inline resistor without the use of a relay will only add to the resistance value. Multi-plexing requires either a perfect ground or 12 volts to work correctly. It sounds like you are on the correct wire but you are not activating the circuit correctly unless the resistance to ground is what the vehicle is looking for. Try using a jumper wire from a good ground through the resistor onto the WHITE/ light green wire to confirm this. The correct wire is more to the center of the plug closest to the drivers side of the vehicle. You usually have to remove the other plug to get to it as it is jammed above the inner whell well. Look at the graphics from Autostart to see how to wire up the relays.
sparky
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

Ahhh, i tried grounding the wire with the different values of resistors with no luck, I will try to use a relay and see if that gives the correct ground, I grounded the wire directly with a resitor to a good chassis ground.

The outputs from the autostart does not go positive or negative, they are seperate wires for negative or positive door locks.

northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  

Its got a factory alarm, so should I hook just the lock and unlock wires up to the WHITE/ green wire? Normally I setup the autostart to give 1 pulse for disarm factory alarm, second pulse to unlock. So technically speaking I should be able to hook up my brown and green through relays/resitors to the WHITE/ green wire without using the arm/disarm wires from the autostart?

This is the info im using

*Doorlocks are Multiplexed:

Without OEM Alarm:
Ground (-) through a 250 Ohm resistor for Unlock
Ground (-) through a 1500 Ohm resistorfor Lock
With OEM Alarm:
Ground (-) through a 665 Ohm resistor for Unlock & Disarm
Ground (-) through a 4020 Ohm resistor for Lock & Arm

LockWHITE/ GreenAt Bcm
Multiplex
00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.
UnlockWHITE/ GreenAt Bcm
Multiplex
00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.
00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.00 chrysler town and country -- posted image.
DoorpinBROWN / white or BROWN / greenat body control module
-
ArmWHITE/ RedAt Bcm
Multiplex
DisarmWHITE/ Red

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic