icon

Clifford Intelliguard 850, false trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sungura222 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  

This thing is starting to annoy me. When armed, the alarm  goes off whenever you go too close to the car.

The External Warning Zone  (from the digital proxy sensor) is activated and instead of chirping, and it sets off the whole alarm straight away. I've swapped the proximity sensor but it still happens. So its not a faulty dig. proxy sensor.

When checking the LED status event recall, I noticed that the LED flashes 5 times, indicating  zone 5 -trunk Trigger.

But when checking the LED event recall the other way ( Press unmarked button on valet switch & arm/disarm) the LED flashes 8 times.

I diconnected the trunk wire, omnisensor & motion sensor & tested leaving only the digital proxy sensor connected, but the external warning zone still triggers the full alarm, and reports to zone 5 & 8

This is really puzzling, and I'm having to overide all the sensors evertime I arm, inorder to avoid false alarms.

Can anybody suggest what could be wrong.

many Thanks

Sungura

(;-)
scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
The interior zone of the sensor might be turned up too much and coming outside of the car
Sungura222 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for that Scirocco, never thhought of the Primary zone.

I'ii try and lower the sensitivity, & see what happens

chess.

(;-)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic