the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 chrysler 300, auto start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Have to install an autostart only through factory keyless on a 2006 chrysler 300 srt.I have gone thru the 05 schematics and a few things i wanted to clarify:
2nd starter wire-PURPLE / brown(-)thru 180ohm resistor
accessory same as second starter (-)thru 610ohm
How are both these wires attached together?
Is it safe just to use two relays?
Any feed back will be appreciated.
audiophd 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
the wire is the same wire.... not two differient wires. yes two relays are ideal for this situation. be very carefull on this vehicle. if you put car into lockout mode you'll be sorry.
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

here is a link to the set up.  http://documents.audiovox.com/700821.pdf ive done a few...not too bad.  good luck,    XS

desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
What is lock out mode and how do i stay away from this?
audiophd 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
i entered it by simply unplugging the factory alarm plug  to get my door lock wires and when i plugged it back in the alarm went off and the car would no longer start with the key. the only way to really avoid it is to try not to unplug any harnesses, and use a computer safe test light (snap-on makes a great one) or a quality meter to test all wire before you make connections. that vehicle is CAN-BUS and is a big pain in the ass.
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Help! I'm using this Bypass. It seems to not be doing squat. http://www.autoland.ca/SharedVSite/WebGraphics/TempFiles/9691Instruction.pdf
I can't get it to start on the first try but only on the second try it starts and runs. I read about someone powering up the violet/blue wire? or does that get a negative? Has anyone ever used this module? This blows!
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
And the gauges don't activate after remote start either.
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

ok...take a breath. this car has a timing issue. it doesnt use +12 to start. it actualy  sees the ign. on and the acc. drop out(power is removed) this starts the car. and as far as the gages....the purple brown needs to see a 610ohm resistor just after start.  as far as i can remember the violet blue is power at the switch.

also...to diarm the alarm you must engage the transponder and the 610 resistor at the same time.

that will also "wakeup "thebcm and allow the doorlocks to function. ill pm you my phone #

expandable sound
south of boston
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Very much appreaciated.
Rollingaudio 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
I did one yesterday, and i seemed like the car was totally against me. the gauges would shut off when the RCS came up, and would come back on after the ign. being on for about 8-10 seconds. I could not get a 555c to program.  it would go into the learn routine, but it would not read the 555c chip.  alarm is a 997A, w/a 555c on a 2006 chry. 300. oh, and now the check engine light is on... :( anyone have this problem? I would think that the 2nd accy/ start wire is being the PITA, I have measured the resistance at the keyswitch and I get 570 during accy, and i think 160 at start. i try to duplicate this, and the chip[ wont program because of the ign. shutting off when the RCS powers up. i are confuzed. thanks to any help.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic