icon

Mannix SM700 remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Trav3D1 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2006 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  

Installed a Mannix SM700 remote start on a 1997 Chevy Tahoe.  Everything seems to be working fine excect the remote start.  I have use the Tach learning feature for the transmitter, but it's still will not start.

Any experience with this alarm?  Any suggestions.

Trav
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2006 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  

did you bypass the passlock system?

XS

Trav3D1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2006 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  

There is no passlock system on this particular year.  I believe that the problem is with the alarm.  The tach learn is acknowledging my tach wire, but the alarm does not even attempt to remote start when I press the transmitter button.

Any suggestions, as I ready to throw this damn alarm in the trash.  This always seems to happen when I get away from the DEI family

Trav
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 18, 2006 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
When you say it will not start, does it crank? Does it attempt to start and die?
Did the tachometer programming verify that it learned?
Trav3D1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
The tachometer programming verified that it was learned.  The remote start is not even attempting to start.  When the button is depressed, the alarm chirps three times, and nothing else happens.
Trav
Scott35 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried to remote start with the key in the ignition?
Tacomacrew
jacksonsmobile 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Did you check the hood pin? Is it reading tach before crank? Is it in some crazy valet mode?
Trav3D1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  

I have not attempted to remote start with the key in the ignition, but I'm certain that this particular year Chevy does not have the passlock system.  In addition, the alarm does not even attempt to remote start.  As stated above, it only chirps three times and the parking lights blink three times and nothing else.

I did not connect the hood pin.  Is this one of those alarms that require you connect the hood pin in order for it to operate properly?  An alternative would be to sent the hood pin wire to ground right ???

Trav
jacksonsmobile 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
Um, no. Grounding the hood pin is not what you want to do. the hoodpin is a negative trigger. What happens when you ground a negative trigger?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
The hood pin is a good idea so that if anyone is working under the hood they cannot inadvertently activate the remote start. Check the manual for the starter and see what the significance of 3 flashes is. This may give you some insight on what/where your issue is.
Keep us posted.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic