icon

Volfenhag subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gman4ever 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2003 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

Im interested in buying a pair of 12" Volfenhag subs. They cost $109 a pair and look great. From the pictures, they look like they are well built and engineered. Anyways, I have never seen a pair or yet alone heared a pair at work. I just want some input before I actually buy this. $109 is not a big investment, but I just don't want to throw the money away. Im not looking for competition, but I just need a good replacement for my Memphis Audio Power Bass subs.

One more thing: whats the most important thing to look for in subs? I always said it's the brand name, like don't buy somethin you never heard of. But what should I look for in a pair of subs when comparing? Im goin to have 200 rms to each sub via a 2 channel Planet Audio amp, if this helps.

CharlzO 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2003 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
There is a reason those subs are about 100 bucks a PAIR. Trust me, invest elsewhere.
BiG JeRmAn 01 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

Those subs are worth the money. I got a pair and they bump. I've had them on a rockford 150a2 amp, rockford 500.2 amp, alpine mrv-f401 4/3/2 ch. amp and now a kenwood kac-729s amp now and they sounded great wit all of em. They bump wit the kenwood. I think there great subs.

Jerman loves the kids!
Auto_Obsessions 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
You get what you pay for. Good subwoofers can go up to like $1000.
ferris24 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Volfenhag subs? -- posted image.I would buy something else. Shop around on the Internet and you will find great deals on Subwoofers. Etronics.com has 12 Kicker Vr for 69.99 each. and that is a Quality sub. I don't see those Volfenhags lasting very long. Good Luck
prodigenic 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
they look cool and there tempting, but when they break and you take them apart you will see that they are not very well built or engeneered; the materials they are made of are cheap(which explains the $109/pair).
foxracerross 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  

I say yes and no, i had a pair of pioneer 12 inch subs and they pounded and lasted for about 4 years and had no problems and cost around 90 bucks a peice, and i also had a pair of kove 12's that cost round 200 apeice well the koves lasted all of 13 months just enough to be out of warranty then the spider seperated from the frame on both of them. you need to get some that have good construction, i have to admit i have saw the speakers your talking about too and they look great especially the magnet structure and the cone but i would look around and see if you can find anyone who has had them and how long they last i mean 220 isnt bad if they will atleast last a year for you, i mean i would not have been mad had my koves only cost 100 but not for 200 a peice they should have out lasted the pioneers and the pioneers are probably still pounding away( i installed them in my ex's car and never got them back, ohh well good trade for a ps2 i think)  good luck and if you do go with them post on here and tell us all how the sound and last.

Marc Ross

magcmedcin 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2003 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

if you're only goning to push about 200 rms you'll kill those subs. I had some before iwent all out and got a 5,000 watt ma a audio sub. The volfenhag's are good sounding and look real sharp. but that's about it if you under power them they'll last you a coupl of months...

Just for you're referance They look sweet but they are the only sub's i have ever seen where the cone comes unglued from the voice coil. you can get them for less at probally millionbuy.com, or cardiscount stereo but if you're not willing to upgrade the amp then forget those subs

johnnyko12 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2003 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
Volfenhag subs? -- posted image.They look really nice, but not that great, if the sub costs $50 and has 1000 watts written all over it, soethin seems kinda fishy to me.  If you liked the memphis subs you have now, I'd urge you to get a pair of the HPO's, I've heard 2 volfenhags in one of my buddies car, and they didnt even come close to the HPO's.  Put it this way, I was sitting very comfortably in his back seat waiting for him to turn it up, and they were already up, then he tried to really push em more cuz I asked where the bass was and they did nothing but distort.  Maybe it was a cruddy amp or somethin, I dunny, but thats just my $.02
the_ph34red 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2003 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
those volfenhag subs kinda blow i think... youg et what you pay for, as everyone else has told you.. i know a guy in my town who has a pair of them and he has a "1000 watt" legacy amp, looks like jensen to me.. *shrug*  you'd be better off buying a pair of Kicker Comps and a 150.2
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic