icon

Volfenhag subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2003 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  

stay away from the Volfenhag subs...we used to buy them at pawn shops for as little as possible and take bets on how quickly we could cook them...while they offerend entertainment that way, they sound like ass and dont get loud...

very poor construction and engineering as well as materials used...I would by far buy used subs much before these pieces of utter garbage...someone mentioned CompVRs for $65 per, that would be a way better deal...the CompVRs sound nice and have alot of potential, especially in comparison to those cheap flea market Volfenhags...think of Volfenhag as the "rice" of car audio, all show and no go...a total waste of your money...

gman4ever 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all your input guys! I have purchased a pair of MTX Thunder6000 subs from circut city, buy one get one 75% off. They only had one in stock and i am still waiting for the other! However, I have an MTX amp thats giving it about 175 watts rite now at 4 ohms and this thing is amazing! I cant wait to get the other one and have over 700 watts going to them! Anyways, thanks alot guys. U have really saved me $110 plus shipping ;-)    

~~Yuri

johnnyko12 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
Volfenhag subs? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.yea, much better choice, congrats!  Volfenhag subs? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. 
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

that is a far superior alternative, and a wise choice for the price range...

I hit 148 db with a pair of 15" 6000s in a sealed box back in those days, and they dont sound utterly horrible...

4nik8u 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
My friend has 2 10" volfenhags in a truck box with a 1000 watt volvenhag amp by 4 channel and it pounds, and if you guys are paying $109 dollars for 12" volvenhags you can get them for $59 at www.caraudioexpert.com and it is free shippin and handling. My vote is they are f**kin awesome and are worth the money. Rockford amp would probably be the best bet though instead of vofenhag for max power output. Good luck !
Ben
loochiebug 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
they sound good!!! i had some, and loved them...but your choice
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic