icon

Kick Panel Project 94 Suzuki Sidekick

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
this is tempoarary.  I am getting 6 sets of either 2 or 3 way comps from Eclipse and I am going to completely re-do my door panels.  I will try to snap a pic of the door panel next time.  You guys will know why I am gonna do it! lol
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
6 sets of 3 ways will be completely overkill. holy crap lol!!! Are they all going in your front doors or are you going to balance it out in the rear of the car too? Good luck tuning all of that if you plan on competing. That sounds like it will be a huge PITA to tune for time alignment and get a proper soundstage going. I look forward to your pics. Here is a thought, why not spend the money on some better sounding components than buying a lot of speakers with less quality. You could get a couple great sets of focal components for the price of 6 eclipse components.
mustangfoo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
yea, I plan on putting a set in the front doors a set on the rear doors, and some how mounting a set in the very back of the car.  Still in the dream portion as I get my small buisness up and running.  But is it hard to balance if I have the Eclipse CD 8445 that has the mic and E-iSERV to adjust it?  I think it would be easier dont you?  Thanks for the thought killer sonata I was thinking about making my car all eclipse just to say I can eclipse others lol, but I was thinking about everything lately and Im really not sure if I am still gonna go that route.  Well thanks for the views and compliments.  I really appreciate it.  Like I said this is mainly temporary and to show others that would be interested in FG in their rides what I am capable of.  More pics to follow up hopefully by Wednesday.
killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  

The rear center speaker idea looks great on paper but it actually causes more troube than its worth. It throws off the whole sound of the car.  Especially since you are talking about puttin most of your sound in the rear instead of the front where its supposed to be. the ieserve/surround feature on the 8445 will not do that great of a job with the surround because it is not a true decoder. You might want to think about just doing 2 sets of 3-ways up front and just a simple coax setup in the rear since it is only for rear fill. I personally dont run rear door speakers. I have a couple of JL 6" subs in my rear doors just for mid bass and thats it.

How are you liking the 8445? I bought that same deck a while back, an upgrade from the 8443. I like the tuning control in the 8443 better but the add on tuning mic of the 8445 is pretty cool.

mustangfoo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Im liking it.  Only thing that I can think of that I dont like is that when you put a CD in the face doesnt automatically raise back up.  Other than that its great.  I wanna get the HD and GPS add ons soon too.
killer sonata 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
I dont think the "GPS" add on is worth it. Its not a true GPS so there really is no point. All it does it save you the trip to the computer. I dont like the fact that there isnt a pause button. I think the reason for the face not going up is so you can get the memory stick out if need be.
mustangfoo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  

I see, well I dont even know if I would want to spend the money on it either way.  I want to see someone elses first if I possibly can.  Thanks for the comment on the subject though.

aceracer24 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Just one word of advice, I wouldn't put teh tweeter so low in the kick panel. You should raise it above the mid for better sound. You would need to pull both speakers forward as well since the tweeter would be above meaning you would have excess glass in the back of the panel. Unless I am wrong, I honestly think you would get better sound witht eh tweeter on top. Just my .002. I'll post a pic of mine a bit later when I get home.
mustangfoo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
well once again.  This is more for practice in FG and to show off as a sample of what I am capable of doing.  I plan on doing doorpanels which will then hold the speakers, cause as you can see the panel is quite close to the clutch which in a worst case scenario could make it even worse.  This is why I want to get my door panels started soon, but was really hoping one guy who started a project which I would like to do has not updated in a lonnnnnng time.  And well I didnt want to ask questions but if he doesnt update soon.  Then I will have to ask.  Other wise First project and will be replaced in the summer so Im not to worried and it sounds bad azz so its fine with me.  Thank you for ur 2 cents though.
Sessland 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Did you just lay fiberglass mat over the expanding foam stuff?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic