icon

Remote start 2003 Avalanche

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tad balzer 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2006 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
I recently purchased an X-Shield 900S for my avalanche - 2 way remote start and alarm.  I also purchased the DEI 457GW passlock interface.  Can anyone give me information on what wire connects to what wire in each harness?  I wish everyone used the same color codes.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.designtech-intl.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=5857&product=Remote%20Start&make=Chevrolet&model=Avalanche

The 457GW will have it's own set of install instructions  fairly simple to follow.

tad balzer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2006 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the link,  Are all remote start/alarm wirings about the same?  It seems so to me....
tad balzer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2006 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
do you know if a 2003 Avalanche has positive or negative  triggers?  I thought I had everything pretty well wired but I cannot get the door locks to work.  I thought once you wired the 457G to the unlock and lock wires of the alarm/remote the databus worked the doorlocks?  I must be missing something?  Help!
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2006 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
It should be controlling the locks. Maybe try reprogramming the 457G. If that doesn't work, you might want to try tapping the lock or unlock wire of the 457G directly to ground and see if it works. The ground from your alarm may not be strong enough.
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2006 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  

be sure you follow the programming directions on the 457G; hold the button while you plug in the harness ,etc.  It will not work properly without following the programming procedure.

Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
tad balzer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2006 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
So I tried the ground tapping to the unlock and lock wires and they triggered immediately when the wire touched the ground.  What does this mean? So what do I do then, connect them both to a ground?  I have read other posts about the 457G and hardly anyone has had luck with them there must be a trick.
tad balzer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2006 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a new alarm and remote start for my Avalanche. The part I cannot live with is the remote start will not work unless the parking brake is on.  Since I live in Florida, and the world here is flat, I NEVER use the parking brake.  How do I bypass it?
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2006 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
is it for a manual transmission vehicle? Ive never heard of an E-brake bypass before.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 13, 2006 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

you don't....its a safty feature that should NOT be bypassed. Is your avalanche a manual trans, or auto. Also what did you install?

Things that help "us" help "you" are, year make and model, and exact model# and manufacturer of the unit you installed.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic