icon

Nissan 350Z, door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deb10042 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2006 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

Does anybody know the following when wiring a Viper 690XV?

- which is the right wire (place and color) for door locks and unlocks of a Nissan 350Z

- wiring door locks/unlocks, so that I don't need second pulse for the passenger door

THANKS!

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 20, 2006 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Go to the Security forum at carsound.com and do a search......you will find my article that will allow you to easily do the locks WITHOUT running wires into the door.
I'm not sure about the 350Z, but on the Infiniti FX, there's an option in the car's settings that'll let you change the factory keyless entry to unlock all of the doors at once.............if your 350Z has that feature, and you program it for "unlock all," then the aftermarket system will also unlock all of the doors on a single pulse.
deb10042 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

Chris Luongo wrote:
Go to the Security forum at carsound.com and do a search......you will find my article that will allow you to easily do the locks WITHOUT running wires into the door.
I'm not sure about the 350Z, but on the Infiniti FX, there's an option in the car's settings that'll let you change the factory keyless entry to unlock all of the doors at once.............if your 350Z has that feature, and you program it for "unlock all," then the aftermarket system will also unlock all of the doors on a single pulse.

That's exactly the two problems:

1.) The 350Z (until 2005) doesn't have the option to change the factory settings of the keyless entry to unlock all doors with a single pulse.

2.) As mentioned in your door lock thread (as to "Mel" and "extreme 1") pins #13 and #14 of the 350Z's BCM won't work to do the trick. So, there should be another place to do it!?

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
1. Why do you need to be able to unlock all the doors on a single pulse? Does your Viper unit not have a double-pulse unlock setting?
2. What year is your car? 2003 and before, the BCM is different, but it is still possible.
deb10042 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  

The Viper does have the option of a double pulse, but you have to find the correct wire before these options will work Nissan 350Z, door locks -- posted image.

Now I found out, how to connect the Viper 690XV to the power door lock system.

But, be aware, there seems to be a huge difference between European and US models of the Nissan 350Z!!

Whereas in US models, most of the wiring is concentrated within the BCM (Body Control Module), for European models, there are at least two additional devices (a time control module and a remote control module) as the European Z doesn't come with a keyless entry system but only with remote locking system via transponders integrated into the key.

So, for the European models, you'll have to connect

- locking wire of the security system to pin 24 of the time control module (which is a red wire)

- unlocking wire of the security system to pin 25 of the time control module (which is a light blue wire)

The time control module is to be found behind the passenger side's lower cover of the dashboard.

I am not completely sure, but I think, as mentioned above, in US models, those two wires should go along with pins 3 and 1 of the door key cylinder switch. Anyway, doing it like this, the double pulse even doesn't have to be programmed into the system as - in European model - the doors are instantly and completely locked/unlocked.

Cheers and thanks!Nissan 350Z, door locks -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic