icon

01 Tacoma Viper 451M relay wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
celica2000 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2006 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it is a 4 door tacoma, so that means it has child safety locks, so how do I wire this.
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2006 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
When you use the proper, key-cylinder wires, there is no need to mess around with the so called "child safety" locks.
When the car is locked properly, the unlock-switch wire (from the switch on the door panel) is disabled........making that fancy interface with the diodes and whatnot will fix it.....
But if you simply use the wires that come from the exterior key cylinder, you won't have the problem. Also, using the key cylinder wires usually turns on the domelight with unlock, which is nice.
celica2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

I used the wiring diagram for the toyota child safety locks and i am still not getting the doors to unlock with the remote.

When i tested form -12v for unlock i didn't get anything from the purple wire, but I do get -12v from a blue/ black wire.  Which the diagram says that this wire is the child safety lock wire, and it should be grounded when not engadged, but its not grounded.  Im i taping into the wrong wire pin, its the one thats right in front next to the fuse box right.  Ive tried every possible way to wire the unlock and nothing so far has worked.

I havn't tried the taping into the key-cylinder wires because i don't know what color or were i should tap into at.  Any infomation that will help me trouble shoot this unlock problem is greatly appreciated.

celica2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I tapped into the Blue/Black wire located in the door next to the key-cylinder, which read -12v when i unlocked the door with the key.  So I tapped my Blue unlock wire from the alarm into the Blue/Black wire.  The remote still didn't unlock the door.  So i tested at the original 22-pin plug in front of the fuse box for -12v and tested the remote for unlock, with the unlock wire tapped into the blue/black wire next to the key-cylinder.  I got -12v on my DMM but still the doors did not unlock.  I dont understand why the blue/black wire is still getting its -12v but still wont unlock the doors.  I think I need to tap into more then one wire to get the doors to unlock.  But what do i do? Help Me!
celica2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2006 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

I think this tacoma has a lock detection wire, i think this is the problem i've been having.  The only thing is i don't know what or how to test for this lock detection wire.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2006 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
Man, your not listening. Go to the front of the fuse box. On the right side there's a 22 pin plug and the harness comes out and goes right under a plastic loop. In that plug there's a gray and a purple. Use these wires directly to the alarm brain. Test them from turning the passenger key cylinder. Forget what your reading about the safety locks, the diagrams just flat out wrong.....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic