icon

Viper 791XV not unlocking anymore

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
I've had the Viper 791XV on my 2003 Mazda6 for about a year an a half now. It used to occasionally not unlock my doors, so I assumed the relay was sticking. I just replaced the relay and it did it again. It has been getting more and more frequent and more and more annoying. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?
rasputant76 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, what  you can try is just taking a ground and touch it to the wire that you have coming from the alarm and see if the locks works. If it does then you know that it is the alarm. If not then you know that there is something wrong with the way you wired the relay or the locks are bad. Good luck. Let me know if that helped . Ben. rasputant76@yahoo.com
Benjamin Lee
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
The locks work fine. In fact, if I turn the key to "on" for the alarm to lock the doors, it locks them. Then when I turn it back off, it will unlock then doors every time.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
If the actual alarm disarm BUT the car does NOT unlock, then it is the unlock wire.
If it is the wire, then its the relay, but since you checked that, im out of ideas
If it doesnt disarm or unlock, then its the remote itself. (for sump reason every DEI remote unlock button gets worst over time)
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2006 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm does disarm and it unlocks every time just fine from turning the ignition to off, which makes me believe the wiring must be fine. I replaced the relay and got the same result, so am I to assume it's the brain?
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
Does the Mazda6 have ignition controlled door lock/unlock (or when you put it into drive the door lock, and park it unlock?)
If so, this could be why it is unlocking and not the alarm itself and that the alarm unlock wire is dead.
Have you checked to press the unlock button on the remote and have the alarm disarm (2 chirp, 2 parkinglight flash)but no unlock? this is the onlyway to comfirm that your unlock wire is faulty.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
The car does not have ignition controlled door locks stock. When I press the unlock button on the remote, the park lights flash and I get two chirps, so it disarms and everything fine.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like a bad connection on the unlock wire.... you didnt use scotch locks did you ??
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
i soldered all of my connections. the thing that prevents me from thinking a bad connection is that it has never once not unlocked my doors when the iginition is turned to off.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic