icon

2000 grand prix R/S problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

It might work if you go straight to the domelight. Most systems can be programmed for a delay. However on many late model GM vehicles it could cause false alarms after the vehicle sits for a length of time.

You are best finding the correct wires.

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

You are looking for a negative when the door is open. When you find the right wire it will show this.

Put the positive probe of the meter to 12v constant.  Test for the door trigger wire with the negative probe. When you hit the right wire it will show 12v when the door is open and 0v when the door is closed.

bigbuffs 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
This wire is reading 12 v constaltly so it must be wrong. I can't figure out what other wire it would be but its getting to late to probe around for it tonight.
Another question and Thanks for all the help guys,
My car had a remote start already installed in it but it did not work very good. I know that I need a bypass but obviosly it already has one in it because of the old remote starter. I clipped to wires from the old remote start that ran to the bypass but I am not sure how to hook up my new r/s (http://www.easycaralarms.com/product.htm) to the bypass. The car will remote start when i have the key in the ignition but not if I don't. Can anyone tell me how to connect to the bypass.
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

That vehicle uses a passkey 3 system. If the old RS worked there is a bypass module in the vehicle somewhere. Some bypass modules for that system will have the key or part of it inside the module.

Look around and post what you found and perhaps we can help you to hook it in.

bigbuffs 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
There are 2 wires running from the steering column but i can't see exaclty where they come from, but one of them runs two a key that is wrapped in elec. tape, and then it runs to a relay and the other wire runs to the same relay relay. This relay then has two wires running off of it that were connected to the old system. One of the wires is red and the other is green. The old system labeled the green wire as grounding when running out and the red wire as +12V Out (1 amp max).
bigbuffs 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
I removed the rubber cover that houses the wires that run from the door. Obviously it has to be one of the wires. Though they are not easy to test i've tried them all and none of them seem to be the right one. This is driving me nuts.
bigbuffs 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
I found the wire but for some reason the remote starter only reads the door open/closed correctly when the car is running. If it is not running it eather reads it open always or closed always depending on the direction of the diode. What the hell is going on?
bigbuffs 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
well, I have the pretty much everything but the door trigger working now. It only reads them correctly when the engine is running or when the key is set to acc/on. Anyone know why this is? If I hook up a relay would that take care of the problem?
bigbuffs 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
Alright thanks everyone for your help but I finally got it all figured out. The only thing I havent hooked up is the speed sensing. Does anyone know where i can find this wire and what color it is?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic