icon

Remote Start, 1994 Toyota Camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flyerboy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2006 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

I finally got my airbag light reset myself.  Unhooking the battery cable does absolutely nothing, an OBDII tester will not reset the airbag light or even read the error codes pertaining to the airbag system.

What I had to do was take  two pieces of wire long enough to reach from the diagnostic port under the dash to the battery.  Stick one end in terminal AB and the end of the other wire into terminal Tc and then turn your ignition to "ON", wait approx. 6 seconds.  Then alternate touching the NEG post of the battery with the two wires starting with the one connected into terminal Tc.  Touch each wire twice as quickly as possible (1 sec.).  Finally put Tc back on the Neg post and leave it there for a few seconds, the airbag light on the dash should start blinking really fast.  If it does then you have reset your airbag light and cleared all the codes.  If after a short time your airbag light comes back on and stays on then you have a problem with your system.  Fortunately mine is staying off.

flyerboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

I just finished installing a remote starter in my 1994 Toyota Camry.  I got the wiring diagram off this website and according to that the door lock wire is dark green and the door unlock wire is light green, yet when I checked this just to make sure I found them to be just the opposite.  So I hooked my remote up as door lock being light green and door unlock being dark green.  The remote works properly this way unless I lock the doors with the door button then I can't unlock the doors with the remote.  I can only lock them.  So then I have to unlock the door with the key and then unlock the doors with the button before my remote will operate properly again.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is the problem.

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
do search, the answer is child safety. u need to use that wire plus the unlock wire.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

try these...it sounds like you have th wrong wires

blue/white lock negitive trigger

lt. GREEN/ red unlock negitive trigger

Passager kick in a blue plug

Where theres is a wire there's a way.
flyerboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  

Can anyone tell me if the information shown in this link is the right way to wire up remote door locks on a 1994 Toyoata Camry V6 LE

https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page4.asp#tc         

flyerboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

I put a remote start in my 1994 Toyota Camry but I am having problems finding the correct door lock and unlock wires.  I found out that my car may have the child safety door lock system.  If this is the case then I think it is supposed to be wired as shown in this link:

My remote has negative outputs for the door lock and unlock so I am not sure if I need to use the relay or not.  Or do I just use the diodes?

I was also told that the lock wire is blue/white and the unlock wire is light GREEN/ red and the child safety wire is blue/red.  Is this correct?

If anybody can help me out I would be very greatful.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 4:33 AM / IP Logged  
 LOCK Dk.green In driver's kickpanel   - 
 The BLUE child safety-lock wire must be connected along with the DK.GREEN or the doorlocks will stop operating when the lock switch on the door is used. Isolate these 2 wires with 1N4001 diodes.
 UNLOCK Lt.green and Blue In driver's kickpanel   - 
 The BLUE child safety-lock wire must be connected along with the DK.GREEN or the doorlocks will stop operating when the lock switch on the door is used. Isolate these 2 wires with 1N4001 diodes.
Use relays to get a "solid" ground....as well as the diodes.
flyerboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  

I just finished putting a remote start in my 1994 Toyota Camry.  I am having problems getting my door lock and unlock to work properly with the remote.  I have found out that my car has the child safety door lock system and I found this link as to how it should be wired.  My remote start has negative outputs for the door lock and unlock.

My question is do I need to use the relay and if so what purpose does it have?  Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic