icon

aux reverse light, pulsed and timed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bqe. 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

I want to be able to pulse switch a reverse light with  the alarm remote and have it also go on when in reverse and the ability to manual switch it on.  I figure when switching it with the neg pulse fro m the alarm it needs to be timed so my bat doesnt drain using  a PULSE TIMER RELAY MODULE, 30A - 528T dei ( 528T ),.  can someone suggest how to properly set this up?

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  

I can absolutly draw up a diagram for this. But I need to understand what you mean by "pulse" the reverse light. Do you want it to flash?...stay on for a length of time when you arm?...disarm?

You need to be specific. The DEI pulse timer you posted will do this. When you send a pulsed signal to it...it will put out a signal (- or + depending) for a lenght of time..I believe 0 to 90 seconds. Running a switch to manaullay turn on the reverse light is easy..used to do it all the time..it meant you wanted to race if you flashed your reverse lights..but I am grown up now and don't street race anymore (snicker)  BTW if the cops catch your reverse lights on while driving forward it is an offense..if anything you gave them a reason to pull you over so use it wisely.

As far as it killing the battery there should be no reason as the timer will turn them off eventually. Now also let me know what kind of security system you are hooking this to..if it's a DEI some of the systems have a built in pulse timer..you just need to do a little reprogramming.

If you just wish to use a spare channel of the alarm to activate the pulse timer this diagram will suffice...

reverse_light.jpg

bqe. 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  

Wow..Thnks for the response info..

Im interested in keeping  the rear light on for a period of time when a pulsed signal is sent from the Compustar brain,, i dont know if it also has a built in timed pulse like the Dei brain u mentioned. 

I definetely wont be racing, just want to be able to turn the rear light on with the remote even if the car is shut down.  Im also not interested in doing anything illegal,,, is there a way to  kill the entire circuit while in drive?  How could the light also be triggered when reverse gear is engaged?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic