icon

02 Sequoia Remote start with oem remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Json79 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

I just bought this Vehicle and wanted to add remote start to it using the factory remote.  Has anyone done this?  It seems that the Factory keyless is built in with the BCM.. any help is good.. I've seen post on this subject before but its been awhile.. pls let me know what you did and modules  you used..

thanks

Tuan

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
yes, it can be done.......i use  the code alarm CA-410 when i need a system that utilizes factory transmitters. There are many other brands that also carry the same kind of add on. You will also need a transponder bypass to make the remote start work. I use the cs-tata by crimestopper. You will an extra key cut for this module......there are also tons of brands out there that make a module for this vehicle...with some, an extra key is not needed. I have wiring for the vehicle when u need it, and if u need more specifics on how the system works, let me know.
Json79 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Mikvot,
Thanks for the quick reply on the subject. I have the direcwire and Installogy print out for the vehicle.. if you have a different one that would be great. My store here only have those two softwares. My email
tuandang79@aol.com
Tuan
mikvot 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

na.....that should be all you need for wiring info.......directwire is the probably the best out there.

Json79 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
you don't happen to know the channel output of the factory keyless on the 02 Sequoia info do you.
mikvot 
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  

are you talking about the channels on the factory transmitters and where the wires are? I don't. If you use the system i listed for you, you dont need any of that stuff. With the add on systems, u tap into the motor wires of the door lock system......generally when the system is done, to start the car, u press....lock, unlock,lock on the factory transmitter or lock lock lock.....this combo tells the remote start to crank.......

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Toyota factory transmitters don't work when the car is running.
Only add a remote start to the factory remote if you're prepared to unlock the door manually with the key after remote starting.
mikvot 
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, Chris is right. Some people are willing to sacrifice for the remote start, some aren't. If they dont want to, then i would sell em a full system, or a single button remote start.
mikvot 
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
scrap the single button...that wont work either.....sell em a full system.......
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

mikvot wrote:
scrap the single button...that wont work either.....sell em a full system.......

I have a few dealers that like the single button RS units on Toyotas. It does suck that you need to use a key to get in, but they also are cheap and don't want to get into a keyless/RS unit if they don't have to. I think using a RS on the factory remotes is worse tho, you can't even turn the RS off unless you let it time out or get in it.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic