the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 3 series bmw325i brake wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
im in the middle of hooking up a alpine in dvd player and i cant find the stupid brake wire directechs lists it as brown.white at brake pedal switch. but theres no brown and white at the switch, so i tested every single wire with the brake pedal and only one lit up the test light, but it was a consant. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
try using a dmm not test lights.  DMM are safe.  Question here, do you want to connect it to the brake and or do you want to use a video bypass for your alpine system.  Using that wire on the brake will only let you watch a dvd when your car is  parked and the brake on.
dcman41 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
i used a dmm, and i got continuity when the brake pedal was pressed, and nothing when unpressed. So i used that wire, I am trying to do the video bypass by hooking up like this.... Footbrake wire to footbrake on headunit, then parking brake wire to a switch with +12v, and a ground with the parking brake connected to the ground end. But it is still not working :\
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  

State the model of the alpine radio..  As far as I know you would use a TR7 to bypass alpines.

dcman41 
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

I have one, however.... I keep getting this error I/F BOX ERROR. Its a cva 1004

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2007 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Why do you need to connect bake wire? They mean parking brake which easiest reached via parking bake cover  (remove to see switch and connect); usually we ground that wire otherwise screen will only come on when vehicle parked with hand (parking ) brake on. N.B. The wire at the footbrake switch on a n E46 is CAN and wont give you 12V+!
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2007 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
Alpine radios are different.  Connecting brake wire to ground will do nothing.  Using a TR7 or something comparable will unlock the radio to view while driving. To program the TR7 you would connect the black wire to ground and the red wire to acc.Slide the TR7 switch to on and  turn the key to ign and tap the brown wire 2 times to ground.  After that you slide the switch off and connect the blue wire from the tr7 to the yellow/black from the radio, the white wire to the yellow/blue wire of the radio and the green wire to the blue/white wire of the radio.  Turn off the car and turn on and it should bypass.
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2007 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
I believe that the ignition must be on to get 12 volts on the brake wire in this car. Do the breake lights go on when you hit the brake with the ignition off? If not, just test for your wire with the ignition on. Or just tag your brake wire at the bulb if you still cant find it.
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic