the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

haemphyst's new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2007 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Dave.  I'll be working the floor every day (and the parties every night) at Semicon.  It's part of my day job.  :)
Support the12volt.com
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2007 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys. Sorry I missed out on all the fun. Everything looks great Dave. Sadly my "vacation" was anything but and it looks like I will be getting out of the business. I'll keep everyone in the loop. Bob
There is no such thing as free installation!
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2007 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
Hi guys. Sorry I missed out on all the fun. Everything looks great Dave. Sadly my "vacation" was anything but and it looks like I will be getting out of the business. I'll keep everyone in the loop. Bob

Out of the business? Join the club. My boss has "other" plans for the shop.

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2007 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  
That sound ominous, Bob! I hope everything's OK... Was planning a trip that way, for either this weekend or next! Hangin' out that long?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2007 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  

The first professional to hear David's system, that's me...

Despite the "ultra-clean" installation, this has to be the most accurate, best sound-staged car audio system that these old ears have ever heard.

Although the lack of overwhelming, overboosted bass might not appeal to some people on this board, it is the closest thing to live music in a car, yet.

DYohn, this is right up your alley.  You must hear it before David gets a wild hair and decides to do it over.

Dan, I too, like sealed enclosures, but this is a good as it gets.

Cheers, Bob.  (tcss)

DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2007 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Excellent!  I am looking forward to hearing it.
Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2007 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Steven...
You asked about the (basically) power supply stability on the PDX1.1000. I have not actually done any tests, yet, but I can tell you for sure, (and this is really just from what I have HEARD, stability seems to be no issue at all.
I have heard no lack of control, no drop-out of total output... Nothing. I'll still be putting a current transformer on one of the leads to the woofer, and by measuring my peak current capacity, I'll be able to monitor the overall power. I'll post my findings, soon. (I might just do that for the mid-bass drivers, too!)
I'm pretty sure that even if there is a little bit of power supply instability, it'll be stiff enough for me, especially at the levels at which I use it! haemphyst's new system - Page 11 -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
haemphyst 
Posted: July 19, 2007 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
Call 563-323-3337 and ask for Phillip.
This guy REALLY knows what he's talking about in the HO alternator world. Called him this morning, and he's starting a new 200A alternator for me! (A word to the sticker-shock-able... They're spendy, but they are custom wound at order, (3-4 weeks lead time for imports) and they are application specific!) It was about the same price as Ohio Gen, but a better warranty. 1 year unlimited, with lifetime rebulding for a minimal service charge of $50.00, as many times as you might need it. That's the best I've heard from all of the HO builders for a Civic.
170A hot rating, (200A cold) 120A at idle, all new windings, sealed bearings, (not bronze bushings) heavier diodes, better regulator, and it DROPS INTO MY CAR!
Here's their home page. They are the HOAlternator supplier for Unique Whips, not that THAT was the selling point for me...
DYohn 
Posted: August 04, 2007 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  

Reviving this thread: I had the good fortune to spend a little time in this car tonight.  This is without doubt one of the finest sounding installations I have ever heard.  SQ comp level performance.  Truly outstanding.

Good work Dave.  And Bob, those doors are genuinely professional, fine quality work and you and your team are to be commended.

Support the12volt.com
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2007 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Glad to here you liked it David. Sorry I couldn't make the shindig as I am back in New Jersey. Big changes on the horizon, I will keep everyone filled in.
Page of 12

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic