icon

compustar 2wssr 2nd remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Watersurgeon 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
Can you or can you not program a two way and a one way alarm to operate a 2WSSR alarm at the same time.
I was under the impression you could have two remotes operate this alarm at the same time. IE a 2way and a 1way. (You cannot have 2 - 2ways) I am unable to program a 1way to commuicate with the 2WSSR. In fact even if I pull the battery from the two way and attempt to program the 1way, (Model 1WSSR remote), the system will not responde to the 1way.
audiopete 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
yes you can have a 1 way and 2 way remote my buddie has that unit and he uses both remotes all the time
Watersurgeon 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
If thats the case why won't the system except the 1way remote?
audiopete 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  

when your programming the 1 way are you turning to ing on and off 5 times with in 7 sec  .and pressing the lock button for 1/2 a sec  try do do the 1 way by itself  if its not working it could be a bad remote .and make sure your using the correct 1 way remote

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

Too heck with that turning the ignition. cut the ignition wire strip it, cut into one of your 12v. wires and tap the exposed wire, with the green ignition wire. After you program, re-attach the ignition wire to the ignition on the harness. I have NEVER been able to turn the ignition fast enough to program.....on 1/2 of the Compustars I have installed!    But I am an old wimp!

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
lol Kartuneman.  Didn't have an issue with turning the key but then again I am a young lad.  By the way, you mentioned back a few months ago about starting to install these systems.  What do you think of them?  Do you like them more then your Astro systems?
Watersurgeon 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2007 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
audiopete wrote:

when your programming the 1 way are you turning to ing on and off 5 times with in 7 sec  .and pressing the lock button for 1/2 a sec  try do do the 1 way by itself  if its not working it could be a bad remote .and make sure your using the correct 1 way remote

Yes.   We have not had problem programming the two ways. Whether its the right 1way remote or not that's a good question. The model we were shipped which we would assume is the right one is 1WSSR. Can anyone verify that.
We have gotten bad two ways. Two weeks ago we had a two way that when you remote started it, instead of the car icon exhaust flashing the battery flashed. No Exhaust Icon.
On the subject of these Compustars and in-line with enice's question. We originally put this alarm in one of our fleet trucks to test it. The thought being we would roll them out to the entire fleet. However they have some quirks and I am wondering if others have had similar issues.
1. Within about four months of the instill, the remote started having communication issues. Responses took multiple attempts. For example unlocking the vehicle. We contacted the supplier who sent us a new remote. Same problem. We sent back the brain, antenna and remote and they sent us new ones. No problem after that.
2. The remotes are poorly made. The battery door has got to be the worst design I have ever seen. Very hard to close. Within a few months the latch tab that holds the door in place fell off.
3. The clear plastic screen over the LCD cracks very easy, if you drop the remote.
4. This is the quirk that really puzzles me right now. We ordered (2) 2ways and (1) way to have in the office in case we lost or broke a remote. The 1way as a back up in case someone lost the 2way and they did not know how to program the replacement it.
Anyways the new 2way's program to the unit with no problem. However once again were poised with the problem of inconsistent reaction time between the remote and the brain. What makes the situation puzzling is we can take the old beat up remote with the cracked cover, broken battery door, worn down buttons, reprogram it to the brain and we have instant reaction time.
Any thoughts on these issues?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 08, 2007 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
Watersurgeon: What does tech support have to say?  Ray and the guys are usually right on!
Watersurgeon 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2007 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:
Watersurgeon: What does tech support have to say?  Ray and the guys are usually right on!
Unfortunately we don't deal with them as we purchase the units through a third party.
KarTuneMan 
Posted: July 08, 2007 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  

enice wrote:
lol Kartuneman.  Didn't have an issue with turning the key but then again I am a young lad.  By the way, you mentioned back a few months ago about starting to install these systems.  What do you think of them?  Do you like them more then your Astro systems?

enice: I am an Astro guy for life.With little problems like the above popping up several times a week...... The first few, I had simular issues. I also found wire colors on the harnes different than wire colors on the back of the brain, being different than the colors in the install book. I mean wow. I simply found the quality to be sub!. Theres more to the remote start "game" than flashy remotes, and 7 million feet of range. This forum made me weary, but for the new shop, Firstech is 50 miles up the freeway. Awfully convenient. I know that the installers on this forum that have been with Compustar since the beginning, swear by the product.   Thats the way I feel about  Astro.

I hope now since DEI has purchased Astro, there will "FINALLY" be some advertising. I feel that Astro had their dealers, and took care of them, and only them. There was very little growth. A LARGER pocket book might make a differance. I am just REAL scared of the product being whored out like "most" DEI product is these days.  

And who knows, after the Astro product is out to the masses.....there might be more problems pop up more often........ but I think not. The Astro product itself is ROCK SOLID!

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic