icon

starter makes car start, turn off shortly

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
catalin capota 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
Also does it over crank when it starts? If it doesn't then the tach is programmed successfuly... At least I think it may be the case.
eg0rka 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
nothing about theft
car fully starts and runs for like 5-10seconds
techtometer is connected propertly as that is when my alarm was allowing me to program it. it was starting same way when tachtometer was unplugged though
eg0rka 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
here is another thing
when i take my car off alarm it wotn start right away... i need to press a few buttons on a remote and then it allows me to start it (with the key ofcourse)
do you think i can just unplug thatbig harness with alarm wires and try using just the starter? (there are 2 mandatory wires brake light and hood switch i might need though)
init 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

No, you can't do that because then the system won't have power.   As far as needing to press buttons, the system itself probably has a type of immobilizer feature where it prevents someone from starting the car while it is armed, but usually that's deactivated when you disarm.   What buttons do you need to push to get it to work?

I looked up a wiring chart on this vehicle but I think mine might have an error.  It lists both "Ignition 2" and "Accessory" as GRAY / YELLOW and it doesn't mention a BLACK/ Light Green wire.  Also, it says that this car does have PATS.   (I made sure I was looking up the T-Bird this time, too.) That isn't consistent with other information I've found or your findings.

Next time you try to remote start the car, try this:  put the key in the ignition, but don't turn it, then activate the remote start.  If it works with the key in, then you must have PATS.  If not, then that isn't your problem.

eg0rka 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
thanks init I will give it a shot
however alarm manual says that if key is in ignition it will not start. so this can go 3 ways
1. car wont start
2. car will start but will turn off shortly
3. car will start and wont turn off
car appears to let me start it after i lock and unlock it once again
I found different wiring digrams but currently (commando security i found ) digrahm says:
ignition RED / Light green
2nd Ignition Gray / YELLOW
right now i got it connected through RED / Light green
would it matter if I use other one you think?
eg0rka 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
hey question to you
if i leave the key in the ignition with an open door it makes beeping sound to let me know key is in the ignition. would that anyway confirm my car having PATS?
catalin capota 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
You should definately have a factory installed immobilizer. Vehicle computer sees an attempted theft and will not let you start the vehicle with the key after a little while.
Install the PATS system and you're done.
init 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

I don't see how the alarm would know if the key is in the ignition as long as it is in the OFF position, in other words, leave it in the position where you can take it in and out.  Then try remote start.  If it starts OK, then it's PATS.

It would seem to me that, if Ford was using PATS in other vehicles at this time, I don't see why they wouldn't have it in this one.  But, best to check to be sure as you don't want to buy parts you don't need.

eg0rka 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
that makes sence
thanks for help guys i really do appreceate it!
im off work in 2 hours ill try the key trick and will let you know as soon as I get home. ty again :D:D:D
eg0rka 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
i tried with key in different positions and same issue is occuring. if i put key to position right before last one car wont even attempt to start.
a guy from my thunderbird forum said i dont have PATS
however i found DEI 555L GM PASSLOCK II BYPASS MODULE 4 REMOTE START!
that does list my car... UHHHH
i dont mind buying that part even if it dont work but i dont even know how I would hook it up or to what I would hook it up.
you guys want me to buy it and try it?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic