icon

Ignition Wiring for 1991 Toyota Levin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
berryisaac 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 3:17 AM / IP Logged  
Hi does anyone have the ignition wiring diagram for a Levin/Treuno 1991. I want to install an alarm and keep blowing the AM1 40a fuse trying to find the Ignition wire and starter wire. I have a Fusion f-2000 alarm and i am trying to install a relay...? I tryed using the corolla diagram but unsuccefull
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
Just out of curiosity how are you 'blowing the AM1 40a fuse' while 'trying' to find the ignition and starter wires? To blow the fuse it sounds as if you have already made the connections to the wiring. To find the correct wires you should be using a DMM, each wire at the ignition harness will behave in a specific manner depending on the key position. Your constant hots will be +12V regardless of switch position, your accessory +12V wires will be hot in the run and accessory positions of the switch and drop out when going to the start position, your ignition wires will be hot in every position other than off and the starter wire will only be hot when the key is in the start position. I can not find any information on that specific vehicle but being a '91 it should be a fairly straight forward vehicle.
It is possible that the ignition switch causes the ignition or accessory wires to rest at ground in the off position which would require you to isolate the wires from the switch when remote starting. This would cause your fuse to blow when activating the remote start. To test for this, after all of your connections have been made and programming options (like tach programming) have been completed, disconnect the factory harness from the ignition switch and try to remote start the vehicle. If it remote starts and operates fine then you would need to isolate the switch during remote start, similar to what is required in the 93-97 Altima's. You would need to cut the wire that is resting at ground through the switch. I am not familiar with that particular brand remote starter but if it offers negative outputs for the accessory and ignition outputs it is a fairly simple process with relay(s) wired like:
86 and 87: Constant fused +12V
85 Negative out from remote start (either accessory or ignition depending on the requirement)
87a key side of cut ignition/accessory wire
30 vehicle side of cut ignition/accessory wire
Hope this clears things up a bit, or at least gives you a place to start looking.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
berryisaac 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
cheers for that that helps me a bit but on my wiring diagram for my alarm it says
85-Engine Disable output which is rite.
30-starter solenoid?? Is this on the starter motor negative?
86-Ignition on
87 has nothing
87a start
And what do you mean by key side cut and vehicle side cut thanks??
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
berryisaac wrote:
85-Engine Disable output which is rite.
30-starter solenoid?? Is this on the starter motor negative?
86-Ignition on
87 has nothing
87a start
And what do you mean by key side cut and vehicle side cut thanks??
This is a starter kill circuit. To install this circuit you need to cut the starter wire coming from the ignition switch, put the side of the cut wire that is coming from the key switch to 30 and the vehicle side of the cut wire to 87a.
I apologize but I did not realize this is just a security system not a remote starter too.
How did you interface with your door lock circuits?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
berryisaac 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
yeah thanks now I should have it sorted
well i found a corolla wiring diagram and that had the colours of the unlock and lock i found them and cut them put the positive lock and unlock to each and put the negatives to the chassis
berryisaac 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
oh and also how do I test the wires without cutting them because you have to have the key on to test them, I found the 12v constant easy, found the starter by one of the wires i had already cut but dont want to cut anymore to find the ignition wire?
kola7126 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2007 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
  TOYOTA

MODEL YEAR(S)
 COROLLA  1988 -1992
 KEY T-HARNESS IMMOBILIZER
  N/A   N/A   N/A
 PART  COLOR LOCATION
 12 VOLT CONSTANT  WHITE (+) or BLACK RED (+)   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
 STARTER BLACK/ WHITE (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
 STARTER 2 N/A 
 IGNITION 1 BLACK / YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
 IGNITION 2 BLACK/ ORANGE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
 IGNITION 3 N/A  
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 BLUE/RED (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A  
 KEYSENSE N/A  
 PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) LIGHT GREEN (-) or LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (-)  @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
 PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) DARK GREEN (+)  IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
 POWER LOCK BLUE/WHITE (TYPE B)  IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
 POWER UNLOCK BLUE / YELLOW (TYPE B)  IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
 DOOR TRIGGER BLACK/ WHITE (-) or BLACK (-)  @ 2-PIN PLUG in FUSEBOX
 DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION USE DOOR TRIGGER, Requires Part #775 Relay  
 TRUNK RELEASE N/A  
 SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A  
 HORN GREEN/ RED (-)  @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
 TACH BLACK (-)  @ IGNITOR of FUSEBOX
 WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A  
 BRAKE GREEN / WHITE (+)  @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
 FACTORY ALARM DISARM  WHITE/ GREEN (+) or BLUE/WHITE (+)  IN DRIVER KICK PANEL or THEFT MODULE
 ANTI-THEFT N/A  
 EXTRA INFORMATION

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic