icon

2008 dodge avenger remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wfburton159 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know how to contact directed electronics?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
What wire from the remote start do you have hooked to the XK as the ground when running input?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
wfburton159 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
The one in the instructions for the remote starter that said to hook up for gwr.   Would that cause it to work once perfect but not the second time?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Did you happen to make sure the gwr output from the RS is working like it should? Try this to eliminate that gwr output as being the problem. Disconnect the brown wire from the gwr output, have a ground jumper handy, activate the remote start sequence and ground the brown manually. Then remove ground from the brown activate the remote start sequence and ground it again. All this is doing is manually applying what that gwr is supposed to do.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
wfburton159 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
The brown from the xk532?
wfburton159 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ok on my sheet for the xpress kit it says it needs a gwr that turns on at the same time as the ignition.  The gwr that i am hooked up to turns on before the ignition according to a chart in my installation manual for the remote starter.  On the sheet for the bypass it shows adding a relay to take care of this problem.   I will try that.  Thank you very much.
wfburton159 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
added the relay and still the same problem.  Starts once but not the second time. 
wfburton159 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2007 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
Finished the install today.  Turns out this car doesnt have a conventional starter wire.  Had to add a 1k resistor to the start wire of the bypass module to ground.  Works great now.  Hooked the start wire from the remote start only to the pink wire of the bypass.  Did not hook up the accessory wire.  And all the accessories work.  Good luck to anyone who tries to install on this car.  My worse one so far.  But I will try to help with advice.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic