A couple of years ago, my wife was making ( read: painting) christmasballes, to hang in the christmastree. She also hooked on making special things
When i looked at the plexy balls, i know, that sometime, i could use it for another project Well, ladies and gents, IT'S TIME These are the plexy balls, you can buy 'm in every size. (according to his wife).. :D:D:D A old friend of my Earl Zausmer build 12 or 13 years ago something like this.
Then I made a hole in the bigget bal, so the little one stands a bit 'in' it
On this pic you can see the ball with the speaker, stands a bit further away. I did this on purpose.
started to make the bottomplate. She will be around the BOX and rest on the chassis of the car. did it as good as possible. Leveled it with waterleveler. Once this plate is right, you take the messurements always from this plate, so it has to be 100% correcT.
Then I started to tair apart the Alpine CD player. Did away the front, and made some trolleys to fasten the thing.
here you can see the front of the CD player
The ALU- box where the amp should come is foreseen with the hinge. This one, he screwed on. I going to try it'l go this way. If not, he can always weld it on... I doesn't want to try it now, cause he's afraid it all bend of the heat. But it's a final option...
Will look like......
put some movement in the amp.
Made a fiberglass plate. Here will be some change soon, but you have to start somewhere.
found some vents that you can take from each other. These are from aluminium, but the frame they're in, goes in the bin. There will be an -minor modded- version of it
2 pieces to place in the vents, so the cooling on the amp will be better.
Some chinese sticks
put them together
painted with polyester/fiberglass
rubbed and filled, filled and rubbed
this will be carbonized
The pieces are finally done. all that work, pppfffffff, but it was worth it .
Here's a picture from the front. You can see a V where everythings slides into.
Then he fiberglassed a little alu piece that is fastened bigtime.
In the whole those things are layed into, fiberglassed a firm alu bridge, and there the backside slides into.
These things have to come out really fast, cause his GPS and CD loader is behind it.
I made a grill, to cover the sub-box. The frame es milled out of MDF wood. Here you can see the top of the upper ring. This one, you will see, and will be covered in Carbon
On the picture, you can see he miled a little ditch.
Started to begin polishing. Is a heck of a job, people who polished with heavy machinery before know... It's kinda hard to do this without the brushes hacking into the alu..
I did this: Screw the piece on a piece of wood that you can hold on tight. 1) you won't burn ya fingers/hands on the alu 2) the brush can't bite himself into sth
As you can see, the whoel sub part is see-able and yet, it's covered with real glass I can clean as much as he wants, without making scratches. The nice thing about this grille, is that I made it with a simple milling tool. This is the proof everyone can make something really nice, with non-expensive equipment.
The grill is almost complete. for now, no Focal Logo's anymore althought... The next work on the list is for next days, maybe weeks. The actuator, that bringt the amplifier to life, will get a nice place. For those who forgot, this is how the motor was placed. This was only to see if the thing worked like I wanted.
The meaning is, if you take the left carbon piece away, you see the motor and the cd-changer. If I wanted to show this, it must be made SHOWABLE
Then, I put the actuartor on a alu plate of 4mm thick.
The fiberglassed part where the motor will be put on tight, is as good as ready.
I sprayed this black. Those who read all thread, now what that means .
This will be the alu plated where the motor will locked on. As you can see, I made 4 big wholes in it. Under these, put a carbonkevlar plate. The look will be a little bit better I think. Also you can see I made a alu piece with M5 screws. Here will be a "bar" in connection with the amp.
I took everything on a trip to polish-land.
The fiberglass part that comes under the motor, is already covered in a layer of carbon... needs some more epoxy.
Not simple to cover it in carbon, but it worked. Couple of layers of epoxy are needed, and then rubb the whole piece, while working on the sides..
Damn, this piece looks great, but you're not going to see much of it .
The CF piece, to put the motor on is ready... I did some long long long rubbing, but it was worth the effort.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum