the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

caxk04 on 2007 ford edge

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  
war1ocksmurf wrote:
I have the bypass connected to the Active output of the RS unit like it should be, 12v cons., 12v ign, ground, TX, RX
Did you hook up the ground when running from the RS to the brown activation input?
First, I would try resetting the module. This is taken from the installation manual:"Reset the module
Press and hold programming button while plugging the module. When the LED comes ON, release
programming button. When the LED shuts, the reset is complete."
If you did connect the gwr (and you may have depending on how I read that quoted line) make sure that the bypass is getting all the proper connections at the right time. Use your DMM and test each connection, make sure you have ignition when you should, ground all the time, gwr when RS is initialized, etc.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
war1ocksmurf 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Yes the Active output is connection to the ground when running input of the bypass module, the switched ignition is just that, the ground is secure and good, the 12v source is good, and I probed the pats connector, there is a ground, 12v ign, and 2 other wires, which means one is TX and the other RX, I have tried reversing the connection to make sure I didnt have it wrong, and no luck.
I have tried resetting the module, and when I hold the button in while I plug the harness in, the LED just stays off, and never comes on until I let go of the button.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic