icon

Components, Whats the best?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2003 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  
if you think MB Quarts are #1, go take a listen at some AVIs if you can...unreal how true and accurate they are...
listen to the BSM TriStars and enjoy musical bliss...I am saving up for a set soon...make my Focals sound so poor :(
Dan M C 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2003 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
I forgot to mention that the list i made was personal opinion.Yes AVI were and maybe still are great,but you just don't hear much about them,and BSM ...who are they ?
A budy of mine just bought some Elemental Design subs,that's another company i never heard from...but i love my a/d/s/ to much to even consider trying some fly by night company's product.Just personal opinion thou.
Wantofok 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2003 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
BSM is AVI's flagship line. It's all good though, whatever sounds good to you is always going to be "best".
Integra Hatch
AC Overdrive
Alpine ERE-G180
PG T400.4
RF 500a2
Boston Acoustics RC51
12" Polk MOMO
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
hehe...I have alot of good feelings about the a/d/s/ lines myself, dont get me wrong...
but I assure you AVI is not a fly by night company...they are a Canadian company, and have been around for years...they dont have widespread popularity because they arent manufactured in the States...and it seems to me that alot of Americans think really poorly of Canadian gear for some reason...(even though the first class D amp was designed and manufactured by a now defunct Canadian company...Blade...great old gear, as long as you didnt buy the Grenade series...they were aptly named...)
when advising people about what company makes the "best" speakers, I try to give them a wide array of speakers I have heard and truly think sound good...all of these speakers have different listening qualities, but I cant see someone being unhappy with any of them...it all boils down to what you like to hear...
I am sorry if I miscommunicated that with my previous posts...give as many of these speakers a personal audition before you take anyones word on what they will sound like...
Dan M C 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
I totally agree with you.I'm sure AVI stuff is good but like i said because they don't advertise heavy like the big makers they tend to fall in the shadow.I remember AVI very well in the early to mid nineties,they were the brand to have but then i heard that they were bought out by someone and that was about it.
In my car i have a good mix of stuff from North America,Germany and Japan.
Thank you .
DanComponents, Whats the best? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
rdsoito 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
LOVE MY JL XR's
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic