icon

viper 5901, 2002 mazda protege 5, 5 spd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriscollins 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2010 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
I think I get the door triggers and tach but how do I bypass the clutch? Do I tap into one of the wires on the neutral safety switch on the back of the pedal?
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2010 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
It depends you'll have to use your multimeter to test what exactly happens at the clutch switch when it's pressed. it varies by car.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
chriscollins 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2010 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
ok. so in the first harness i have wires h1/4,6,7,9,10,12 not being used or does the orange ground when armed output need to be used? 11 i need to figure out how to do the lights. In the second harness i think the only wires i need are the tach, brake, and neutral safety input. and the third harness i think i have figured out.
chriscollins 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2010 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
I finally got around to installing my system yesterday. Everything went rather well except I can't get the remote start to work. I had the reveiver inside the car learn the tach signal. I go through the manual trans shutdown procedure and the car stays running while I remove the key and exit the vehicle. As soon as I arm the system it shuts off. However a few seconds after I arm the system I get a "Remote Start Error", if I try to start the car I receive the same error message and 7light flashes. I don't understand how it can take over during the shutdown procedure but not start on it's own. Is there something else I need to program?
chriscollins 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  

So after messing with it a little more, I got it to work. It seems that I was arming the system a little to early when exiting the car. By staying in the car while doing the exiting procedures I noticed that my door open light on the dash remained illuminated for a few seconds after I had closed the door. Waiting until the light went off and then arming the system seemed to take care of my issue. For my first install I think it went rather well. And to anyone who may find this in the future, I'll be posting the connections needed for this specific install in another post when I have more time in the next few days.

chriscollins 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2010 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a list of all the connections I made, anything not listed wasn't hooked up. So just cut them short to keep them out of your way and make it a little neater install.

H1/2 RED      (+)12v CONSTANT INPUT- To the BLACK/ white wire in the corner of the ign harness or the black wire in the ign harness. There are two BLACK/ white wires in the ign harness the other is the accessory.

H1/3 BROWN      (+) SIREN OUTPUT- to siren red wire
H1/5 BLACK       (-) CHASSIS GROUND- I grounded this with a stock ground right below the fuse box
H1/8 GREEN       (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT- To BLACK/ blue in drivers kick panel
H1/9 BLACK/ WHITE    (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT OUTPUT- Tie into H1/8 or run directly to same BLACK/ blue wire in the drivers kick panel
H1/1 WHITE       (-) PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT-To brown wire at headlight switch (don't forget to set the fuse polarity to (-) in the brain)

H2 HARNESS, 18pin connector

H2/8__BROWN / Black_____200mA Horn Honk Output-To BLACK/ red wire at steering column harness
H2/9__Violet/White_____Tachometer Input-To violet/white wire at diag port in engine bay. 
H2/10_Dark Blue_______200mA Status Output-To Clutch bypass relay in the diagram below.
H2/15_Grey___________Hood Pin Input-To the hood pin switch                                             
H2/17_Brown__________Brake Shutdown Input-To the GREEN/ YELLOW wire at the brake pedal
H2/18_Black White_____Neutral Safety Input-I wired it to the ebrake wire. Might also be wired into the pink/green wire on the transmission.
Heavy gauge remote start, 10-pin connector
H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT-To ignition 1 Blue (+), at the ignition harness
H3/2 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87-12v constant.Black or BLACK/ white wire at ign harness.
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT-To the BLACK/ white wire in the ign harness.There are TWO. NOT the one in the corner of the connector.
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)-Cut the BLACK/ blue wire at the ign harness. This goes to the car side.
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)-To the key side of the cut BLACK/ blue wire at the ign harness.
H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT-12v constant. Black or BLACK/ white wire in the corner of the ign harness connector.
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT-Ign 2 BLACK/ red at ign harness
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side (if required) of FLEX RELAY

Door Lock connector

Blue Unlock-To light GREEN/ red at module high in drivers kick panel

Green Lock-To 1500 ohm resistor then tied into blue unlock wire

*Note-I read on two different sites that two relays are needed to hook up the door lock and unlock wires. So I ended up buying them. After speaking with someone who does this for a living he informed me that they wouldn't be needed. Just the resistor. So save yourself a little time and $15 and don't install these. My keyless works just fine without them.

*Note-You will however need a relay to bypass the clutch switch as shown below.

viper 5901, 2002 mazda protege 5, 5 spd - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic