icon

Any one programmed Alpines?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
turd 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  

I just installed my Alpine SEC-150R into my classic stang; once it is painted, I will finish hook-up and need to program it.

The install sheet has some instructions for programming it, as well as the box top...........BUT, if there is any one who has programmed lots of these......can you explain the basics to a complete idiot???

Thanks

CCRoadshop 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  

ive been installing now for 2 1/2 years...... Programming Alpines suck, and I still hafta look at the book to program them.....

have fun lol

Installer - Circuit City Roadshop(2 1/2 years n counting)
------------------
Alpine CDA7894(soon to be the cda9815)
Pioneer XM unit(soon to be direct link alpine)
Audiovox 995C alarm/remote start
turd 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  

So, would it be better if I just brought my car to the local Alpine installers and paid them to program it for me???

How much do you think it would cost to get it programmed.....I only need to change doors to positive trigger, and adjust sensitivity?

2k2AccordEX 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  
For the Alpine alarms( SEC-100S  or SEC-150R), the adjustment of the shock sensor is easy; use the valet switch and the buttons on the remote to increase or decrease the sensitivity of the alarm. If you read the box top carefully you should be able to figure out how to do it.  Also to change the polarity for the door sensor, just toggle your way through the menu of the alarm setup, should take a few mins to do so. As for a shop programming your alarm for you, it would usually be a flat rate charge (Ex: $30.00).
If I have an idea, and you have an idea and we share ideas, then we each have two Ideas, together we have four.
turd 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2003 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks.

I will try to program it, but if all else fails, I will get the pros to do it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic