icon

Need help installing steering wheel tv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
LuxuryLoLo 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2003 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
hotrodelectric - I would greatly appreciate it if you can find out for me.  I'll pay you for your time.  So far you have given me the best information yet.  You have been a lot of help.  I'll start calling around my area.  95-97 Lincolns have the same exact parts and you are right, also the Crown Victorias and Grand Marquis share the same.  I guess that the best way to go.  Please let me know if you find something for me.  Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
hotrodelectric 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2003 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
OK- I didn't find anything on my junkyard run usable for you. I just looked up www.parts.com and plugged in my zipcode and found a parts place here in San Diego that sells genuine Ford at a good discount.
http://www.parts.com/index.cfm?action=goToStoreFront&sfid=213876
They had the clockspring- the Lincoln one was 67.00, and the Ford/Mercury one was 25.00. The Lincoln one probably covers cruise control and wheel-mounted radio controls- verify before you order! Question- on your monitor, is it simply an RCA for video signal (I'm guessing your audio is through the speakers) or do you require a buss cable? The reason I'm asking is I am trying to tote it up in my head the number of contacts you'll need to make this work. Also- does the monitor need more than 2-3 amps to operate? The internal tape is not very heavy at all- probably equal to a 20ga line at best, and that would be the horn connection. I'm guessing the power need for an LCD monitor is small.
LuxuryLoLo 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 4:12 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks very much for the info.  Yes, my monitor only uses an RCA connection.  The monitor is very small so it doesn't need much to power it.  No audio is ran through this wiring.  All I'm trying to connect is a video signal to the monitor (2 wires), power to the monitor (1 wire) and an illumination wire that goes to the button lights on the steering wheel itself.  Ground I can get from the center bolt on the wheel.  So I guess a total of 4 wires is what I need.  I'll be calling them first thing tomorrow morning (or shall I say today).
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic