icon

2006 frontier idatalink / dbi interface

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slipnfall 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2015 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, one of the first things I configured was double pulse unlock (only).
What you're suggesting is tying the unlock and disarm outputs (isolated?) from viper to OE unlock/disarm line. Forgive me for being a little lost, but I'm not sure what this aims to do?
I have discovered a few peculiarities today:
1-when remote started, factory stereo display/illumination turns on for a split second, then shuts off. Stereo is still operable and music from speakers. Even during take-over, with key to ON/RUN, still no display. Once I press the brake pedal everything comes on. I actually *wanted* to keep my stereo powered off during r/s to reduce 'advertising', but this result was unintentional. Also would be nice to have the key cylinder illumination, but I wont' get picky... 2006 frontier idatalink / dbi interface - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
2-When unlock/disarming with DEI, my pickup bed light does not turn on like it does with OE fob, nor does it turn off immediately when locking/arming w/OE fob. When locking/arming, it takes 15-20 seconds to turn off (if turned on w/OE remote or from door opening). Now I did skip all dome light/supervision wiring because I generally keep my interior lights forced OFF anyway, however if it would mean retaining factory behavior...
3-For what it's worth, I noted that immobilizer dash LED does work exactly the same between remotes. After lock, LED goes from flashing to solid (pre-arm) for 30seconds, then to flashing.
Thoughts?
Cheers,
Jamie
For what it's worth, I observed the OE immobolizer LED in the dash.
slipnfall 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2015 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Correction: #2 should read:
2-When unlock/disarming via DEI, my pickup bed light does not turn on, nor does it immediately turn off when locking as it does with OE fob. When locking/arming w/DEI, it takes 15-20 seconds to turn off (if already turned on).
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2015 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
tying the arm and disarm wires together will ensure you dont have the door unlock hesitation. What what work is a simple programming change. In programming change the door unlock duration to the lowest setting.
if you leave the second acc disconnected, the radio should stay off.
as far as the bed light shutdown, connect the rearm wire to the driver door pin Grey (-) @bcm white 15pin plug, pin 7. To turn the lights on, the dome supervision wire will need to be hooked up. Brown (-) @ bcm black 15pin connector pin 8.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
slipnfall 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2015 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Got it (assuming you meant DEI *unlock* and DEI disarm -> Nissan disarm Gray (-) (-) @ Driver kick white 24 pin plug.).
The 4mS unlock duration seemed to improve the responsiveness - will see how it works out (certainly preferable to hanging under the dash any more).
Did some testing tonight, and the factory dome light supervision functions properly both with OE and DEI lock/unlock. (ON with disarm/unlock, and fade immed. on lock/arm). So the bed light doesn't seem to be tied into this, directly anyway.
What's the idea behind a rearm (-) pulse to the door pin input? The bed light doesn't turn off (via OE) until locked/armed. Is this again a matter of the BCM not detecting one or both over CAN (but that doesn't follow logic because why would the domelight supervision work?).
Here's a quick snapshot of the datalink settings:
2006 frontier idatalink / dbi interface - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
2006 frontier idatalink / dbi interface - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2015 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
yes the viper lock and viper disarm, my mistake.
the rearm on the door pin will shut down any additional accessory circuits such as radio, and exterior lighting. its just how the vehicle processes information at the BCM. WHen it receives an unlock signal the dome light comes on. If you want the bed light to work, you would most likely need to hardwire that connection from the starter unit.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic