icon

99 Durango remote lock connections

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
D.Kahler 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  

I am adding a remote starter with keyless entry to a 99 Durango.  It has the factory keyless entry and according the the wiring guide I should wire it as 3 wire positive, but other guides that I checked said that it is only reverse polarity.  Anyone ever do this same install?  If so what did you do and where is the best place to make the connections?  I think I found the wires, coming off of a connector in the drivers kick panel, but they are tucked in tight and will be hard to tap into. 

toadia 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2003 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
this car uses + pulses in the driver kick pannel blue plug.  ORANGE / purple for lock and pink/purple for unlock. hope this helps
D.Kahler 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
After much confusion I finally did find the wires.  Problem was that the emergency brake mounting bracket was blocking my view of where the wirescame into the passenger compartment from the door.  I finally traced it to the bundle of wires that run down the kick panel and past the drivers seat.  I cut into this bundle and found my wires.  Never did find the blue connector though and the 3 wire positive connection was correct.  Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic