icon

1993 Jetta - Alarm/Keyless

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
did you use 2 relays?  you need one for lock and one for unlock.  see how the wiring diagram above lists two 87a and two 30 terminals for relays, that might mean you need 2.  i dont know this for sure, just a guess tho 1993 Jetta - Alarm/Keyless - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
burnerofhells 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2004 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
Where does it list 2?  The second half of that picture where it says Door lock harness is just saying what each wire is when it comes out of the alarm.  Not meant to be part of the same picture. 
The alarm has one relay build into it i thought this took the place of another one... maby not.  Every other diagram i have seen does say to use 2 relays but i thought since this was part of my install manual it would be right.
Here are some more wiring diagrams i have seen for my car should i change my wiring to match one of these instead of the first one (in the first post)?
http://bulldogsecurity.com/New%20Wires/New%20Wires/Wires/images/benzvaclocks.htm
https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#vac
burnerofhells 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  

Im trying to get my ungo 2004 alarm to work in my 1993 jetta but it is conflicting with my stock alarm.  I need a way so that when my ungo2004 alarm is armed the stock alarm also arms.  It seems that just having the ungo2004 alarm lock the doors with the keyless entry will not arm the stock alarm.  The key needs to be used to get it to arm.  How can i hook the ungo2004 up so when i arm it the stock alarm will also arm,? 

Now ,i dont know for sure if the keyless entry will arm the stock alarm or not because it does not function properly.  Can someone give me an idea on how to wire the keyless entry up?  the ungo 2004 has an internal relay build in for the keyless but i think i still may need to use a couple more relays.

If i get the keyless entry working properly will they arm eachother?

RufNUSD 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
yellow/red or gray in the drivers boot will lock and arm the factory alarm. or so im told.
Someone pass me that bottle.
burnerofhells 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2004 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
Heres how i hooked the keyless up at first.
https://images.cardomain.com/member_images/5/web/185000-185999/185158_107_full.gif
I used the green wire as the wire that goes from the vacuum to the unlock/lock switch.
Yes what you said about the wires is right, heres what i got from some other sources.
lock wire - Red Yellow or Grey
Unlock wire - RED / Black or Green
Im thinking that it only unlocks b/c i hooked it up to the green wire and not both the green and grey.  How could i hook it up to both wires?  how would i add a second relay to what i already have in the diagram above to get both the lock an unlock wires in the system?
Also how can i find out if my alarm is giving a positive pulse or a negative pulse?  My car uses a positive pulse but im not sure what kind of pulse the alarm would be puting out.
burnerofhells 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2004 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

Im trying to get my ungo 2004 alarm to work in my 1993 jetta but it is conflicting with my stock alarm.  I need a way so that when my ungo2004 alarm is armed the stock alarm also arms.  It seems that just having the ungo2004 alarm lock the doors with the keyless entry will not arm the stock alarm.  The key needs to be used to get it to arm.  How can i hook the ungo2004 up so when i arm it, the stock alarm will also arm?

Now, i dont know for sure if the keyless entry will arm/disarm the stock alarm or not because it does not function properly.  Can someone give me an idea on how to wire the keyless entry up?  the ungo 2004 has an internal relay build in for the keyless but i think i still may need to use a couple more relays.

If i get the keyless entry working properly will they arm eachother?

burnerofhells 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2004 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
Heres how i hooked the keyless up at first.
https://images.cardomain.com/member_images/5/web/185000-185999/185158_107_full.gif

I used the green wire as the wire that goes from the vacuum to the unlock/lock switch.

The wire colors and functions are:

lock wire - Red Yellow or Grey
Unlock wire - RED / Black or Green

Im thinking that it only unlocks b/c i hooked it up to the green wire and not both the green and grey.  How could i hook it up to both wires?  how would i add a second relay to what i already have in the diagram above to get both the lock an unlock wires in the system?

Also how can i find out if my alarm is giving a positive pulse or a negative pulse?  My car uses a positive pulse but im not sure what kind of pulse the alarm would be puting out.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic