icon

window rollup module not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Elrockss 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
There has to be a resistive triggered switch on each circuit, being on the up as well as down. These sense the sudden change in rate of current flow decrase, hence the increase in resistance and go open cutting the current and stopping the motor. They come in a number of forms, to include IC chip type. Getting to that level, I'd say just get another one. How long has it been since you purchased this one? I think they(Asianwolf) have a breif warranty, but I am not sure. They have them cheap enough, if buying another one is your only option.
I hope you have as good of luck with your new unit as I am with the one I have, They are sweet!
elrock-SS
Elrockss 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
There has to be a resistive triggered switch on each circuit, being on the up as well as down. These sense the sudden change in rate of current flow decrase, hence the increase in resistance and go open cutting the current and stopping the motor. They come in a number of forms, to include IC chip type. Getting to that level, I'd say just get another one. How long has it been since you purchased this one? I think they(Asianwolf) have a breif warranty, but I am not sure. They have them cheap enough, if buying another one is your only option.
I hope you have as good of luck with your new unit as I am with the one I have, They are a sweet option!
Hang in there and don't give up until you get em remote,OK?!!window rollup module not working - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
elrock-SS
coolcat14 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for your speedy replies.  I was so excited when I found out you can get these kind of modules, I think its awesome to sit in your house on a hot day and roll your windows down to keep it cool in there.

I've installed 3 remote starters now.  My friend said it was easy and 1/2 installed the one in my truck.  So it left me with finishing the job so I learned a lot.  I installed another in a car.  Then replaced the one in my truck for a 2-way.  Wowwindow rollup module not working - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image., the range step up was awesome and now finishing the job with this module but having some trouble so came here.

I'll probably run some more test to give it one more shot then just buy another one.  I'm not aware of any other place selling a module that does 2 windows up and down?  u?

Also has your module ever put your windows down for "venting"?  I didn't know how hot it had to get for this operation to happen.

Thanks again!

Save a Tree
Kill a Beaver
danida 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2004 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
Elrockss wrote:
David,
Look here under wiring diagrams here for your vehicle, you should find what you need. TAKE YOUR TIME!! SOLDER AND HEAT SHRINK ALL YOUR CONNECTIONS. Since you are interfacing all your vehicles primary circuits, disconnect the battery before beginning your install. Don't attempt this if you don't have the proper tools. There are a huge number of resources on this site that can help you get prepared to do it, USE THEM ALL. This can be a great experience, or a horrible regret on your part, it's all about your approach. If you don't have a digital multimeter, get one and read/learn how to use it to verify voltage on your vehicle's circuits, rather than a traditional or powered test probe. Your vehicle has certain aspects of its electrical system that are not forgiving when interrogated by a grounded or powered probe, your SRS/ airbag circuits for example. Get the wiring diagram and verify all the related wiring matches and their location so that you can interface the alarm/ starter module. Lastly, IF you feel queezy about biting in to doing this yourself, or you can't gain the proper info on the electrical, FEEL NO SHAME OR DEFEAT in taking it to a pro shop and having them install it. The down side to an improper install of this kind is very dangerous, costly,and can leave you literally stranded due to a dead battery, burned starter/ignition system. Having the guts is cool,but Wisdom is key.
I hope this helps getting you going in the right direction, and answers some of your questions.window rollup module not working - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Good Luck,
danida 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2004 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Elrockss,

Thanks for answer me and believe me that I have no problem in give it to a professional to do it. I was just trying to do something diferent because I love electronics and I like to play with it. I know how to use a meter and I could check all volts and stuff, but , as you could see on my note, I'm not confortable touching and cutting star motor wires, air bags, etc. I couldn't find elect. diagrams. Any sugestions where to go?

Thank you very much and when everyrhing is set and done I'll let you know.

Thanks, David 

coolcat14 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2004 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

David,

I'm not trying to be rude, but thought I would let you know that you should start a new topic if your going to talk about another subject then the one that is being discused.  No big deal, just thought I would let you know.

Thanks

Chris

Save a Tree
Kill a Beaver
danida 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

Sorry. I'm knew here and I don't understand the system yet. Does it means that once I have response on one matter I can't follow up with more questions?

Thnaks,

David

coolcat14 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

No, you can follow up with more questions.

What I'm saying is you need to start a new topic if you want to talk about something other than the current topic.  For example you entered the topic "window rollup module not working" and then asked a question about your remote starter.  Just click on the button on the top right of the page "new topic" to bring up a fresh page and type your question there.

Hope this makes sense,

Chris

Save a Tree
Kill a Beaver
coolcat14 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2004 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

Back to my window problem, I finally figured out what was going on.  My constant 12 wire was the problem.  I ran a temp. wire from my battery to the module and it worked great.  The thing is I tested the constant 12 wire and it really was constant!!  So thenI tapped into the constant 12 going into my brain and the window module did the same thing (putting the windows down about 3 inches and stopping).  So now I'm thinking I might have to run an isolated wire directly from my battery to the module.  We'll see if I can find another way, I don't want to have to drill through the firewall if I don't have to!

Thanks to those who replied, especailly Elrockss

-Chris

Save a Tree
Kill a Beaver
Elrockss 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2004 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  
Chris,
If it would had a snake it would have bit us!!
I was thinking in the back of my mind this afternoon to have you check the power and ground for continuity or even a resistive joint, but it seemed those bases were well covered already??!
Nonetheless, an oversight. No matter how well you think through your troubleshooting, never leave out the obvious, right?!
Well, I am so glad you found the fault, and its simple to resolve.
You really shouldn't have to go directly to the battery, just hit one of the main hots that feed your fuse block circuits. With the module being fused itself and fairly excessible, you should be fine. That long of a power run for just that module really isn't needed, especially when you have a few open battery positions at the fuse block anyway. Keeping that wire as short as possible will also help prevent an unwanted voltage drop to the module.
I didn't do much, but glad to help!window rollup module not working - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
elrock-SS
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic