icon

1989 Honda Accord Lxi remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mdi2001 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1989 Honda Accord Lxi. The alarm is a AlphaGuard AG65S. My only problem is when i remote start the car grinds when i stick the key in ON and CRANK.
   Now with out the anti-grind relay they gave me. The remote starter works fine, with no grinding. But I am not able to start my car with just the key, only remote start. So my relay is not getting a ground to kill the starter wire for some reason. For a tach sense wire on this alarm it says to use the oil sensor. But i used the ignition coil blue wire instead, could this be causing the problem?
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
you are the second person to have problems with that unit.....the first one was with the door locks....tech support will not return e-mails......i dont know that anyone one here uses that brand......
if you are able to post the install manual, we might be able to help you...
good luck.....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Mdi2001 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2004 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I have a 1989 Honda Accord LXi with a AlphaGuard AGS65.
My problem is after i remote start, when I stick the key in to ACC or Crank the starter will grind since it is running. I hooked the anti-grind relay that the alarm gave me correctly and it still does this. I am thinking that the negative alarm output that is hooked up to the relay is not working correctly, if I put a constant ground to this same wire on the relay it kills the starter wire so it will not grind. Then I can only remote start, not able to start by key alone.
Also the alarm only has a hook ups for central door locks. I have 2 wire door lock acuators. Is there any way i can hook these up to this alarm and how?
Here is the instructions
1989 Honda Accord Lxi remote start - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic