icon

550esp Viper Alarm, remote start problem,

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2002 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked up whole alarm and for some reason it doesn't want to remote start, it does even try to start up, I bypass the manual transmission, but still no start, I'm not sure if it the relays or the head it's self, how can I test this?
the rookie!~
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2002 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

check your tach,. one

make sure you have learned the tach. for dei alarms to learn the tach you start the car and within the first ten secons press and hold valet switch until it lights up than release count to ten and you can shut off the car and test. if you have a hood pin  it can not see ground, and if you nuetral safety is connected just simply either add a switch to control working ability or ground the wire there is a few things tell me the type of alarm you can email me for help. 

Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2002 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
sorry yea viper has to be learned before start do what i said and try it outand make sure hood pin is pressed and no ground is pulsing through it and neutral saftey is either grounded or on a switch ,  i usually ground it unless other wize asked,.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2002 at 3:17 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Jon,

Yea that was it, The Tach, It was the wrong blue wire and then found the right one and it need some programing and then it fired up, Thanks Dude, Nice to get some help from other folks!!!550esp Viper Alarm, remote start problem, - Last Post -- posted image.

the rookie!~

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic