Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thefranchise 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
Trying to troubleshoot a couple of things:
Setup: Infiniti I35 | Crimestopper 1905FM | iDatalink Bypass
Everything initiall works fine however if the headlamp switch is left in the AUTO position, the car security gets out of synch and the car will stop responding to the remote and wont even start with the key. I have to them manually lock the doors on the drivers side door then the system is responsive again and the car will start.
Where do I start to troubleshoot this one?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  

What year is the car?  It "might" matter. This really does not sound like an issue to be caused by your auto lamps.

Remote start as well..... look for the auto light wire at the switch, break it with a relay so the remote start has no impact on the lights.

Blue / YELLOW  one half (switch side) to pin 87a, the other to pin 30, NOTHING to 87, 12v to 86, and ground while running (status output....what ever you wish to

call it) to 85.  try that.

thefranchise 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the help.
its an 2002 Infiniti I35 btw.
mobilefx 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

always a good idea to isolate and break autolamp wire.. i usually do it w/ a rearm wire..   ground while running will be a better option for this. .  

however if he wasn't initally hooked to the autolamps wire,  i would be suprised is this helps.   very curious.   i see the point, if it only happens in autolamp mode, dont let it see that setting..  seems like the autolamps could be affecting something else in the car..  you have a really good ground.  and where u go for power?  seems like basic questions i realize,  sometimes easy to overlook.   if your "iffy" on power/ground its possible that the extra draw from the fancy lights in the car are dropping you voltage out of usable range.    

glad its not my prob.. jk    good luck

mobile f/x
thefranchise 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
ok some more info but not quite resolved yet. ive narrowed it down i believe to the factory door lock system. after i lock the car, the factory security LED stays lit for ~30 sec. during this time i can lock/unlock the car and remote start it just fine. after the 30sec factory security LED begins to flash. The car will then refuse to unlock/lock although the lights flash the the brain and remote "think" it actually unlocks. therfore the factory security never disarms and causes me all the issues.
I wired the door locks up with the basic Negative Trigger diagram out of my directions. I am using the ORANGE / blue and ORANGE / black wires in the drivers console switch for lock/unlock and used diodes in place as recommended.
The directions indicate there is a way to wire up Priority door locks. Should I be using this? The car has a factory priority door unlock.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic