icon

ma vs kicker

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slownsteady 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

not going to be running in any competitions or anyhting, just want something nice for my new car (2000 cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe)

I am trying to decide between these two setups:
MA Audio Hk4000D
2) MA Audio HK15X2
or
Kicker ZX1500.1
2) 15" Kicker L7s (2 ohm)
noth are going to cost me about the same. I have the "big 3" done and installed a yellow top, 0 gauge wiring, all stinger wires, 6 farad cap. factory stereo for now but will be putting in an Eclipse CD5000 along with ditching the factory BOSE system and will be running components and such. I dont know what speakers yet as i want to try and stay with all one brand if possible...

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
I cannot recommend anything by MA Audio.  Kicker is a good brand name to buy.
Support the12volt.com
boogienights 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
If you are looking for a lot of thump, then L7's are good as long as they are in an enclosure ported and tuned for them.  As far as interior speakers go, Infinity Kapa Perfects are great highs and mids with clear vocals.  I recently did a custom double din kenwood install in a 2000 Elderado and the biggest problem was that the metra harness (the GMOS-06 and the GMRC-03).  Neither one would give switch power on a consistant basis.  Sometimes it gets 12v with the key to acc. and sometimes it doesn't.  So we had to wire the deck to the ign. harness. 
Perfection is the only standard.
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with DYohn kicker is the way 2 go I had 6 15in cvr in a fiberglass box in my escalade with brutus bxi2006d my truck was rockin but I sold the box and subs and got 6 15in l7, I wasn't sure wut kind of box i want to build so I built a ported box for 2 of the l7 and it sounds like the old box with 6 cvr's so defenitly recommend the kicker l7 you can't loose!
well?
kylecm85 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
deff go with the l7's in the right ox they are sick go with the new ones they are made better with stronger parts like the tensil leads woven into the spider

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic