icon

car starter, 2005 pontiac vibe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raddoris 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  

Actually it is a Pursuit Series  PRO 9171FT,  I don't think they are still around... I got it from a friend as I was going to install a bulldog remote starter and he did not recommend that brand.   So he gave me the Pursuit remote starter for free, along with a custom tool for feeding wires through the firewall (looks like a giant needle)...it works great as I decided to take the 12 V constant directly from the batt to ensure there is enough power and not to cause problems by taking power from somewhere else...have heard some issues from doing that.  

Should have it all done by the new year.   

Thanks for your help

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
Just an FYI: Pursuit is/was Audiovox's line that they sold to dealerships (if I remember correctly). I agree with your friend, put that in instead of the Bulldog!
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
The Pursuit name is still alive and well; I install them every day.
The 9171FT is before my time, and I've been installing them for six years, but still, it's a good product. I think the PRO-9276 is probably the current version of what you have.
It's unnecessary to get power at the battery, but it also won't hurt anything, as long as you use a nice waterproof fuse holder at the battery, and run the wires carefully.
raddoris 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

HI

I have installed a Pursuit Series Model PRO 9171FT in a 2005 Pontiac Vibe.

It worked for a few months and now stopped working.  The car starts via the remote however stops about 3 seconds later.  While in the car during a remote start attempt I noticed the RPM's on the car are not changing (stuck at 0 RPM), also the car sounds a little off during the start.  

I am guessing that it is shutting off because it is not seeing the Tach.  The Tach signal is coming in from the ECU

Anyone have any ideas?  What I can check to figure this out.

If I wanted to check the Tach Signal from the ECU, could it be checked with a DMM.

thanks to all in advance

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic