icon

03 dodge 2500 diesel, compustar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brakisshuro 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I am dne with the suberu and now doing a dodge.  Locks and everything are fine, wondering about glow plug wire.  I am using a idatalink module for the doors, which has a tach signal coming out of it, do I still need the glow plug wire or no?  Thank you in advance
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
yes you do still need wait to start.. The tach tells the remote start not to crank anymore. The wait to start tells the unit to hold back from starting untill glowplug on car is heated up properly - then it will start.
brakisshuro 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
ok I have a positive and negitive glow plug wire.  Where and what polarity.  Thank you again
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
if i remember correctly, the compustar has a function to allow delay remote start up to 25 or 30 seconds.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

The compustar has a diesel timer built in. from 0-99 seconds, its programable.

brakisshuro 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
ok so I am done, but having some issues, and I think i have some wires mixed up.  Can anybody post a 03 2500 wiring diagram.  I searched but it is super old and I don't think it's right.
brakisshuro 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
ok update, my tach from my door module is not good, so I need to find the tach wire in the engine bay.  Also my high beams are flashing with my parking lights.  I have a negitive trigger with  330 ohm resistor on it going to the purple / YELLOW wire behind the parking light switch.  help
brakisshuro 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
ok last update, I am going to finish up for the night.  It is not the high heams flashing it is the low beams, so I think I need a different resistor on there.  Still cant find the tach wire.  Anyways, this forum rosk, and I appriciate all of the members alot, this place has saved my ass a couple of times.  Thank you again.
brakisshuro 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
Wiring this up on my truck.  03 2500, one wire gets 12v on ignition, the other doesn't seem to get power to it.  How would I go about this.  I am only doing this because where I park it is 300 yards from my house and I don't like the walk.  Tested range and it will work.  Thank you
tedmond 
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  

i would use the additional output from your brain to connect optional relays. if u dont have it then wire up a relay like so. i dont understand what ur asking but ill answer to the best of what i know from your post.

ADDING/POWERING EXTRA IGNITION 2 WIRE

85 - Ground out when running from remote start

86 - ignition wire from remote start connected to car (12v +)
70 - 12volt constant fused @ 5 amps
30 - to second ignition wire

CLUTCH BYPASS

if u said they are postive, in a plug, there will be 2 wires. One shows 12volts when ignition is on and the other shows NOTHING until clutch is pressed all the way down. So. wire up a relay like so.

85 - 12volt constant

86 - ground when running from remote start
70 - 12 volts constant
30 - to wire that shows 12v when clutch is pressed

OR

connect start wire from remote start unit to WIRE that shows 12V when clutch is PRESSED.

good luck.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic