cliffnet wizard not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
domiyork8090 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

Please help,

I used cliffnet for a while now just fine, now is acting with the following message:

Program Error

wizard.exe has generated errors and will close. Please restart.

Is funny i can read the alarm fine and test but when i try to save and exit that happens. Bought a new kit wire and software, same thing.

Running Windows 2000 computer has built in serial port. wizard version 2.2.

thanks,

jorge.       

showngo2000 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure that you are connected to the alarm and not just seeing the program?  Try going to the Monitor tab and arm/diarm and see if you can see things change.  If not, you might check your comm port settings.  Let me know if this doesn't work.
domiyork8090 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
  I am connected i can do my lights, lock, unlock everything but when trying to save setting or apply changes that is when i get the eror codes. Just finished reinstalling windows samething.  
showngo2000 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
So you've connected and programmed before from this computer, cable, and alarm brain? 
domiyork8091 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

Got it. conneted it to another  computer and it works fine. Dont know what happened to my laptop. thanks for your help.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
General experience, the programme is glitched to hell, next model, even Clifford will run Bitwriter. I prefer manually doing everything but siren sounds,  valet code,  remote and crank time manually.
ripper2008 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
General experience, the programme is glitched to hell, next model, even Clifford will run Bitwriter. I prefer manually doing everything but siren sounds, valet code, remote and crank time manually.
How do yu set the crank time manually, I cant see anything about that in the manual?
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Dint know you can set crank times manually? I always use the cliffnet,please more infocliffnet wizard not working -- posted image.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

ringojam wrote:
Dint know you can set crank times manually? I always use the cliffnet,please more infocliffnet wizard not working -- posted image.

i think you misread howies post. he usually does everything manually BUT siren sound, crank time, valet and remote with the bitwriter or cliffnet.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  

heres some updated info ppl. since howie cant get on to 12volt cuz his ISP is supeeer wacked up, he kindly asked if i could post this information. this is C/P from his email message:

yes I get internet on the train, in the car etc but by God it's slow, too slow in fact to get on to the 12volt forum so please, please place a joint post telling all those who didn't understand me or "listen to what I'm saying", YOU MUST USE CLIFFNET WIZ FOR CRANK SETTINGS (BUT TRY IT WITHOUT ALTERING IT IF YOU HAVE A POST  90'S CAR WITH GOOD INJECTION THAT STARTS ON THE BUTTON WITH NO TRANSPONDER ) ALSO IT'S EASIER TO CHANGE VALET CODES AND SIREN SETTINGS. MANUALLY SET TACH LAST OTHERWISE THE TACH SETTING WILL BE ERASED WHEN YOU GO BACK TO THE WIZ! That's it Regards H.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic