remote starter, 96 ford taurus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pumpazzberetta 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

519civiconair wrote:
relay as follows...  Pin 86: IGN.(+12v)  Pin 85: and 87a: (-) ground Pin 30: Green wire in question. Then when you turn the key forward it will engage the relay showing your wire in question NOTHING.... CHEAPER than relay....  $2 toggle switch from radio shack that you turn on when you leave your car (shows it ground) like applying parking brake....turn it off when you get in your car and....no more ground let me know how good the unit is when your done i have a ton of people asking me about that exact one and all i can tell them is from what i hear Ebay junk IS junk

Thanks a bunch, for the relay would I use a SPDT or SPST relay?  I thought about the toggle switch also before hand but just felt it would be an annoyance sometime down the road.  Easy to forget or bump the toggle and if that happens the remote start wont activate at all.  I'll be sure and give you a full run down of the unit as we get more time and use out of the unit.  So far I can tell you the unit has beyond excellent range.  I was inside of walmart, and the car was parked at the very back of the lot and still had no problem communicating with the remote.  I also walked about  500 feet away with the car in a poll building (all tin) and it had no problem there either.  The remotes feel pretty stout, and fairly well constructed.  Wire and terminals on the brain box are of good quality. 

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
SPST will do. no need for SPDT
519civiconair 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
you will infact need a SPDT as you will need 87a which is N/C until the relay is energized with the Ign. showing 30 (the wire in question) the nothing that is on 87 but i have thought further and realized that as soon as the car is started with the remote it will energize that relay which would then tell the system the parking brake is off and may turn it off again. you can figure it out without wireing it in by showing the wire ground when its in the "power up" mode by remote (which is when the parking lights come on just before the starter crank) which is when the Ign on the remote start will activate the relay if wired in like in original post and IF it turns off you can try to wire a SPDT with your third Ign. wire which may cause your car not to start in cold cold wheather. The info i have says the third Ign is for AC so.... it shouldnt affect starting in any ways.you would simply not attach the Ign 3 wire from the remote start and use the 3rd ign wire on the car (RED / black) to pin 86  on the relay then the relay will not be activated until you physically turn the Ign. ON with the key showing your third Ign. wire power thus activating the relay.  But as i said in extreme conditions your car will need all 3 Ign. wires hooked up to function. Then again the unit probably has an option to start the car every 2 or 3 hours to prevent the car from freezing so that COULD help.... but thats a whole diff story hope i havent confused you like ive confused myself...
F.B.S.S air ride is the only way to roll
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
yea thanks for clearing it up. for some reason i thought i saw DPDT - its just me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic