icon

ct 3310 prostart, 1999 dodge caravan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hypertension 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2007 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

Well thanks for all your input guys, i've got things installed as follows. Also would like to note first that maybe others diagrams are abit different as they are doing another model of the starter so just to be sure we are on the same page i've got the CT-3310 2-In-1 Model.

6-Pin Main Ignition Wire                Wire On Vehicle                                Location

Red (+12 Battery)                            Red                                                      Ignition Harness

Purple (+ Starter)                             Yellow                                                  Ignition Harness
Red (+12 Battery                             Red                                                       Ignition Harness
Yellow (+ Ignition Output)              Blue                                                       Ignition Harness
Orange (+ Accessories Output)   BLACK/ Orange                                      Ignition Harness
Green (+5th Relay Output)            BLACK/ White                                         Ignition Harness(second accessory)

5-Pin Secondary Wire                   Wire On Vehicle                                  Location

Black (-Chassis Ground)              Soldered to Chassis                         Underdash
Purple (Tach)                                   Grey/Red                                              Coil
Grey (- Hood Switch)                      Fender                                                   Under hood
Orange (+Brake Switch)                WHITE/ Tan                                              Brakeswitch by pedal
Yellow (+12V Parking Light)         Orange                                                   At Headlight Switch

According to the Autosoft/Autostart wiring diagram from Prostarts website they state for the parking light to be connected to the GREEN / WHITE and someone in this post suggested Lt GREEN / WHITE but i found it to be the Orange wire at the headlight switch.  There are 4 wires there total GREEN / WHITE, GREEN/ orange, Black and Orange.

Now i've not installed the 12-Pin wireset yet due to the fact that i was doing this as a favor to my brother in law and he's got no time to finish it and will bring back the van later to complete the 12 Pin Harness and i'd like to be prepared to do that once he returns so maybe you guys could help me go over those wire?

If you look on the installation Guide http://www.engines911.com/asdocs/CT-3310_ig_en_h450s200v100_070911.pdf pages 6 and 7 you'll see the 12 Pin Harness that i'm refering to.

This is how i assume i'll install it and maybe you guys can tell me if i'm wrong.

12-Pin Accessories Harness                    Wire On Vehicle                                Location
Blue (- Trunk)                                                Not Used as no Trunk
Brown (- Lock Output)                                 85 on Relay
Green (- Unlock Output)                             86 on Second Relay
WHITE/ Brown(- Arm output)                         Not Used as no Security in Van
WHITE/ Green (- Disarm output)                  Not Used as no Security in Van
Blue/White (- Aux 1)                                      Not Sure, Not USED?
WHITE/ Orange (- Starter Kill)                       Not Used as no starter kill)
Orange (- Parking Light Output)                GREEN / WHITE                                        At Headlight Switch
Purple (- External Trigger Input)                Not Used
White (- Ground Out When Running)       Not Used
Gray  N/A                                                        Not Used
Yellow (+ Glow-Plug)                                   Not Used(not diesel)
Any input would be appreciated, keep in mind i'm only trying to get the door locks to work.  Here is a pic of how the relays will go for the door locks using the negative system. http://www.autostart.ca/Autosoft/images/RelayDiagrams/6282.pdf

Sorry for the delay in feedback/replies but with xmas and family visiting i was busy. :)

Thanks again for the help and look forward to continued help.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  sorry for the caps but i think they are justified. :)

hypertension

519civiconair 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2008 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Did the unit come with a push button valet switch? if so try turning ign. ON push and hold switch turn ign. off. Then try and program remote.... if that still no response try pushing and holding switch then turn the ign. on. the unit should "click" as ign. is turned "OFF" in first method OR "ON" in the second method I believe they come in valet mode or something which causes them not to be able to enter program mode...... or do practically anything the remotestart is meant todo.... Hope it works for you I had the same problem with a AS1424 just this morning and its up running and out the door (Thank the lord)
F.B.S.S air ride is the only way to roll
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic