icon

power lock operation on 06, 07 azeras

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gcarterh 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  

I am still having problems getting the power locks in the '06 and '07 Hyundai Azera to work when installing remote start/entry.  The last time I posted, someone was kind enough to furnish me with a diagram from Directed Electronics on how to wire the locks correctly.  However, I tried the diagram (and checked it 3 times to make sure I had it wired as in the diagram) and now the locks work fine but it still won't unlock the doors when they are all locked.  If I unlock just the driver's door (manually, with a key, with a factory remote, it doesn't matter), then I can get the other 3 doors to unlock by pressing the unlock button.  What am I missing???

GLENN

Glenn
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Try setting the door locks on the system to double pulse.
gcarterh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, I forgot to mention I have set the RS door unlock to double pulse.  It still didn't make a difference.  Could it be that the gray/black wire needs to be pulsed first and then the pink wire needs to be pulsed (separately)?  How would a person do that?  Thanks for any help in advance.

Glenn
mikvot 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
When you unlock with the aftermarket tx, is the relay you have wired up clicking?  Basically all that the relay is doing is opening up the grey/black wire during unlock, so it has to be pulsed at the same time as the unlock wire.
gcarterh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
According to the diagram I received previously, the relay is only suppose to come in to play when the lock pulse is used.  When I lock the car, the relay  clicks to open the gray/black wire but the diagram shows to ground pulse the (clsoed) gray/black wire and the pink wire at the same time, these two wires being separated by diodes.  Is the gray/black wire supposed to be open during the unlock operation also?  Thanks.
Glenn
mikvot 
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
No, you're right....i was looking at it wrong for some reason. So have you disconnected the unlock from the alarm, and just went to a straight ground? I don't see anything else that would prevent this thing from unlocking....i'm sure you have checked your diodes......not sure what to tell you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic