icon

shorted somthing clicking noise from engi

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
natethegreat11 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Don't ask how but I shorted my electrical circuit by accidentally touching the positive circuit to the silver metal behind the PCM, (Engine Block)? It was connected for about a good longgg second before I got to it and removed the positive cable from the engine block.
While the cable was touching the engine, the car attempting to crank itself. Fan clutch got to moving and everything.
I put everything to normal, and tried to start the car. Nothing. First thing I noticed where my gauges, which where outta wack and was denoted my the "Check Gauges" service light. Everything from Seatbelt to Secruity is going off. Mind you I have no Factory Alarm. Second, my "Service Engine Light" alluminated but was real dim.
I checked my fuses and @ my BCM I blew Body Control Module 4. Replaced it.
When I try to start my car I don't get anything but a real loud clicking sound from the top of my engine block. Kind of like a really loud relay clicking. I'm going to investigate further as to where the clicking is coming from.
Any ideas??? Any Help is GREATLY appreciated
Thanks
natethegreat11 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Update*
I completely unscrewed the whole PCM Module (All three plugs). Tested Ignition to see if I still got a clicking sound. No more clicking sound. I reconnected and the clicking sound is gone, but my car still won't start and the guages/service lights are still outta wack.
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
Are you sure you checked all the fuses?? and you did not mention what type of car or truck your working on, alot of cars have more than one fuse box, which I am not sure you know or not. I would also check to make sure the ground to the pcm did not get dislodged somehow.
timechange2007 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2008 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a bad connection on the battery. good luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic