viper/hornet unlock wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonb2 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
Hello,
Purchased Hornet 564t (similar to Viper 791 I believe). Started the install this weekend but am having problems with door unlock operation. I connected green on alarm door lock harness to BROWN / white wire from fusebox for the lock side. That seems to work fine.
For the unlock, I connected a blue wire on the harness (primary unlock output) to the blue/black wire behind the fusebox. According to Toyota wiring manual, this should be the unlock wire for the driver side (but the wiring diagram from alarm help on the web says this should be a blue / YELLOW wire). I connected the Lt blue wire on another alarm harness (secondary unlock output) to the GREEN/ YELLOW wire behind the fusebox. According to Toyota wiring diagram, this should unlock the passenger side.
On unlock, pressing the disarm button once unlocks the driver door only (no problem). Pressing the disarm button again does not unlock any other doors (as it would on the factory keyless remote). In fact need to press the disarm button maybe 3-4 times before the rest of the doors eventually unlock.
Long story but my question is do I have the unlock wires from the alarm connected to the correct wires in my 2000 4runner? If not, what am I doing wrong here? I would think pressing disarm once open driver door, pressing again open all other doors. Thank you.
Jon
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Not too familiar with Vipers but with DEI product I think you have to programme the 2nd unlock from the alarm
jonb2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply. I believe that the 2nd unlock is on by default as long as the wire is connected.

I guess I really need to find out which unlock wires on the alarm module need to be connected to which color wires in the vehicle as I've tried many combinations and still can't figure it out. Thanks.Jon

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Try hooking the second unlock output to both the blue / YELLOW and GREEN/ YELLOW, use diodes to isolate them from each other.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
jonb2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  

I will try that thank you. If that does not work, is there any way I can just hookup without using diodes so all doors unlock on disarm (I do not need driver door priority unlocking necessarily). THank you for any help.

Finally, how would I test the unlock wires in the vehicle to determine exactly which wires I should be using for the unlock wires on the alarm if none of these ideas work?

Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
You would need to diode isolate those wires either way (according to DEI).
Turn the key in the door to test for the correct wires. The passenger key cylinder wires are the ones listed in my post.
jonb2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

ok..did a quick test today at lunch w/o diode hookup yet. Connected blue / YELLOW and GREEN/ YELLOW to secondary unlock output and nothing was any better than before. Then decided to completely disconnect 2nd unlock output and use only primary on the blue/black wire. If I pressed the unlock button on remote once it unlocked driver door only. If I kept pushing it maybe 3-4 more times quickly it would unlock all the other doors too. Now this was with only one unlock wire connected.

So, I went under dash and grounded the blue/black wire once, opened driver door, quickly did it once again, opened all other doors. That seems to me exactly how it should work. Problem is that I can't get remote to send a 2nd unlock signal to that wire fast enough after the 1st one to open all the doors without it taking 3 or more quick presses of the remote.

Any ideas on what might help here? thanks again for any assistance. Jon

Twelvoltz 
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
There should be no real delay on the output from the brain between the first and second press other than the time it takes you to press the button twice. If you program the unit to double pulse unlock will it unlock all doors?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz beat me to the punch again, double unlock pulse should achieve it, I've never used the blue/white for this purpose, people over here don't seem interested in priority unlocking. N.B.  Last week I did a Golf MkIV without double unlocking (some seem to come with it, some don't) and on locking the front passenger dor unlocked after 2 seconds but only with alarm remote. I DOUBLE PULSE locked it and that seemed to cure the problem, first time I ever met that one.  viper/hornet unlock wiring -- posted image.
jonb2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2008 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you. So just to clarify...I can connect main door unlock wire on alarm to the blue/black wire and that's it. I do not need to connect the 2nd unlock output or any of the other wires (like the blue/white, blue / YELLOW, GREEN/ YELLOW)?

Do I need to connect the primary unlock and the 2nd unlock output together for any reason?

Once I change to double pulse unlock it will unlock all doors at once correct?

thanks again for all the help. Subservient installer-in-training..Jon

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic